Backdoor CCJ CEL PCN - Herons Foods, Filey, YO14 9AQ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes it is not a fine!! never can be.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok now I understand. Another one of our members has has a similar experience. While the rogues did send him a letter advising him that if he didn't respond to their letter they would go to Court without  further notice.  They then did go to Court without telling him and he too got a ccj.

To me this is totally unacceptable. By all means take someone to court if they believe they owe money but you have to give them the  opportunity to defend themselves. 

When they send you the SAR will be able to see their original PCN to you which may not be compliant with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 which governs the regulation of private car parks.

• I agree 1

you dont need legal advise

one we have all the info its easy to sort it.

await the sar return.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just learn from this experience for the future carroll.

If you get correspondence from anywhere and there's any chance of a legal dispute in the future, keep all the correspondence safe.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I would agree with Nickyboy post 30.

Never throw anything away, not even the envelope.  Ideally create folders and store it in date order but if nothing else have a big box and throw it in there.  If it should be needed then a glass of white wine and a big kitchen table would enable you to find everything again!

• Like 2

I think what this comes down to is that you should think about what harm a CCJ is actually doing to you.  I've been on this site for seven years and have never seen a private parking company try to enforce judgement for a single ticket.  So if you ignore the matter essentially nothing will happen.  You will however have your credit file knackered for six years.

The alternative, as you wrote in your first post, is to pay £275 to try to get a set aside.  Part of applying for a set aside is including a draft defence.  From what you've written you've stated you would pay the fleecers the original charge so it's difficult to think how you would back up saying you don't owe the money when you've offered to pay it.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just received court letters to set aside judgment  ccj  as I have I never received the court papers  so I could not respond  and I would have I have never been in debt and never has ccj 

Think I may need legal advice as yo how best to fill it out x

Post rhem up here and the experts will advise.

YOU DON'T need a solicitor. 

The site team are extremely knowledgeable. 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

You do not to pay for legal advice 

So the court has sent you an n244 pack?

Dx

and they

Yes tried

To get appointments down CAB advise they are really busy. 

I do suffer with mental health after an illness 4xyears ago anxiety  is an issue with me x

Hi is it true if  I pay these gits that I can get ccj removed by a certificate of cancellation using n443

Set aside and a defence to claimonly way to remove now then

• I agree 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

For your information Bonny

Confirmation of what's just been discussed...

WWW.GOV.UK

What to do if you receive a county court judgment (CCJ) - how to get it set aside or change what you pay...

2 hours ago, FTMDave said:

From what you've written you've stated you would pay the fleecers the original charge so it's difficult to think how you would back up saying you don't owe the money when you've offered to pay it.

FTM,

If the fleecers disclose these letters, it would depend on how far the process had gone.

If Bonny offered full payment early enough, it could be argued that the fleecers have continued with a vexatious claim?

No offers to pay original fine without the extra charges 

Explained why I had gone over my time ext  i was not aware that I had because of health issues just had to get home 

1The ccj was registered 13cdecember 2021 

I got a letter of civil action to say that I had failed to pay them 299 pounds within the 30 days .

that's the first I knew about it 

I had nothing off them after I said I would like to come see them at their office as I could not get them on phone or by email