Incident Management Solutions withholding £1500 of £6.5k written off car payment they received- **RESOLVED TO FULL VALUE**

finaldj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our car was written off while parked outside the house by an insured driver who lost control on boxing day.

He admitted fault and we got an offer of £6.5k. It has taken 4 months to finally get paid out even though the guy admitted fault right away.

IMS have been very slow in dealing with the situation. This company who seem to deal with a lot of claims lately have an unclaimed trust pilot account but 99% of posts are 1*

My wife was insured with SAGA but found out AXA were actually who she was insured with. They contacted Enterprise car rental to deal with the hire car and they appear to have dealt with all the other companies tasked with getting the car looked at and taken away. They also passed the claim onto IMS who have been dealing with the 3rd party to get the claim going.

As already said above they offered us £6.5k for the car. £3.9k was going to the finance company the rest to us. They haven't been chasing the 3rd party and my wife ended up calling the 3rd party to find out what was happening to find it had been lost in their system but they did say the last time IMS contacted them was mid January. My wife has been calling IMS every other week to chase it up and they have been saying we do contact them but they don't respond. So we found out it was all lies.

As soon as the 3rd party saw the file had not been picked up they paid IMS the £6.5k within 3 days. IMS kept the money a further 3 weeks before my wife had a go at them this week.

They have made a payment to my wife yesterday and it's £1500 less than it should be from the letter they gave us in February stating the value of the car is £6.5k.

They have told my wife the value of the car has gone down in price since February so they have given us the difference in price. She said you got paid £6.5k from the 3rd party for the value of the car so what has happend to the other £1500 and they have said it goes towards the costs of the hire car they charge them.

They have said the letter of value they sent 2 months ago reflected on the current market value if we had been paid out there and then is subject to change as time goes on.

How does this work? they are refusing to pay the rest out and I've seen reports on Trust pilot they are an unregulated company so does this mean we can't take it further with the obudsman?

My wife thought she was insured through SAGA but found out that they are just the broker and AXA are the actual insurance company.  IMS are https://www.imsolutionslimited.co.uk/

IMS came about after Enterprise were tasked with dealing with the hire car, but they appear to do more than just that now. They were tasked with finding a company to come out and look at the car and either fix it or write it off. Enterprise also were tasked with a company from York to collect the car and put it in storage. But the car was deemed a write off from the company that came out and looked at it.

Enterprise once they got the report back passed the claim onto IMS "Incident Management Solutions" who dealt with it all from this point forward. I've read online that IMS appear to be the go to now for a lot of insurance companies.

They only work Mon - Fri 10am-4pm and you'll be on hold for a good 2hrs each time you call thats if they don't cut you off half way through.

My wife has been onto the them again today and a manager is supposed to be calling today or tomorrow they said to discuss the £1500 payment.

• dx100uk changed the title to Incident Management Solutions withholding £1500 of £6.5k written off car payment they received

Complain to SAGA as they arranged the policy.

Once a write off value is agreed, that is the basis of settlement. It is value at time of loss and not time of claim settlement.

And the hire car costs would be a claim against third party in addition to the write off value at time of loss.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

well done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Incident Management Solutions withholding £1500 of £6.5k written off car payment they received- **RESOLVED TO FULL VALUE**