Currys item/DPD - they failed to follow delivery instructions - parcel missing

GS91
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Once you have sent this, register with the MoneyClaim website and start preparing your claim.

Post a draft of your particulars here

On 12/04/2023 at 16:10, GS91 said:

DPD delivered my parcel when I had requested it to be delivered the next day as I had got called into work.

I had conformation on the APP and a conformation email it would be delivered to my pick up point the next day

when I turned my phone on, on my break at work I see the parcel had been delivered to my safe place which is right at the front door.

When I went home later after work it wasn't there and wasn't taken in by any of the neighbours.

I contacted DPD and they said driver had failed to read the instructions properly and was their fault but had to go through currys,

done that

after 3 days currys investigation concluded it was indeed my fault as the driver left it in the safe place.

What an absolute joke!

They expect me to pay £300 for an item I never received due to an incompetent driver?

What can I do?

On 12/04/2023 at 16:10, GS91 said:

DPD delivered my parcel when I had requested it to be delivered the next day as I had got called into work.

I had conformation on the APP and a conformation email it would be delivered to my pick up point the next day

when I turned my phone on, on my break at work I see the parcel had been delivered to my safe place which is right at the front door.

When I went home later after work it wasn't there and wasn't taken in by any of the neighbours.

I contacted DPD and they said driver had failed to read the instructions properly and was their fault but had to go through currys,

done that

after 3 days currys investigation concluded it was indeed my fault as the driver left it in the safe place.

What an absolute joke!

They expect me to pay £300 for an item I never received due to an incompetent driver?

What can I do?

I had the same issue so many calls after calls eventually i got through to someone but still no luck I found this phone number on a post on another Forum someone called Nathan apparently head of service 30 minutes later I was sorted and item exchanged !!! 07921633673 , he was angry i had his number but it got me sorted :)

I am assuming that this is the number of somebody working for Currys – yes?