Motorway M1 end of lane / red light cameras

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently was on the M1 driving ,and got flashed on a camera.

Not for speeding but for staying in a lane which was closing (red light).

I didn’t get into the correct lane quick enough, as there was cars in front of me etc.

im just seeing if there is any point or option of appealing it. 

Does anyone know or have experience of this ?

Or  etc any Facebook groups which could help.

Thanks very much for your time

have you received the n172? and replied in time?

cant see a way out, why do you think you even have one?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you drive under a red “X”?

if so, and you didn’t see it (and move over before it) : not sure you’ll pass the required vision to legally drive.

If you saw it (was there a preceeding ‘move over’ gantry arrow?) and drove under it none the less: what is your expectation ?

(the move over arrow is ‘closing’

the red ‘X’ is “closed”!)

Edited by BazzaS

You don't have anything to appeal as you have not been convicted of anything. This is not like a parking ticket where you appeal to an adjudicator. This is a criminal offence and you may be offered either a course or a fixed penalty (£100 and three points) at the discretion of the police. If you are and you decline or ignore the offer you will be prosecuted. There the police will have to prove you committed the offence (which should not be too difficult for them) and if you are convicted you will be sentenced under the normal sentencing guidelines.

As above, if you have received a "request for driver's details" you must respond naming yourself within the 28 days allowed. If you fail to do so you will face prosecution for that offence. A conviction carries six points, a hefty fine and an endorsement code which will see your insurance premiums rocket (probably double in the first year) for upt to five years.

i have received the n172  (or the letter in the post) but not replied yet. I have a few weeks to reply .

My vision is fine, but i couldnt pull into the correct (green) lane in time because of other cars

1 hour ago, niknoo8 said:

i have received the n172  (or the letter in the post) but not replied yet. I have a few weeks to reply .

You won't have more than four weeks but if you know who was driving (and it seems you do) there is no point in delaying your reply.

That's all you are being asked to do at the moment and, as I mentioned above, failing to do so is a more serious offence (certainly as far as the penalty goes) than the one you are suspected of committing. If you have any issues with the signature offence itself these can still be raised after you have responded to the request.

• Like 1

“ i couldnt pull into the correct (green) lane in time because of other cars”

do you mean the ones that pulled into the non-closed lane(s) because of the signs warning of a closed lane?

What “green lane”…. ? I’ve not (yet, at least) seen a green sign associated with “red X”… they aren’t “traffic lights” (red, red/amber, green, amber, red……)

https://nationalhighways.co.uk/road-safety/red-x/

Were you overtaking a stream of cars whose drivers were probably thinking “what an idiot, why aren’t they pulling over as the lane is closing? Why do they think they are more important than those of us who are waiting their turn as there is a lane closure”

Was it those cars that prevented you from moving out from the closed lane?

if you couldn’t pull in why didn’t you slow down approaching and stop before passing under the Red X?

NATIONALHIGHWAYS.CO.UK

The Red X sign is key to supporting safety on motorways. It tells you when a lane is closed, helping any drivers and their passengers who may have got...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As @Man in the middle has said you only have 28 days to return it or you commit a more serious offence.

It's usually suggested that when returning it you keep a copy of what you sent, and send it first class from a post office counter and get free proof of postage.  That way there is a statutory presumption that it was delivered two working days after it was posted.

Also make sure your identification of yourself is unequivocal with no room for doubt.