ULEZ PCN - I believed that I had paid and provided evidence, but appeal rejected.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I planned to enter the ULEZ zone for the first time in Jan '23, so went on the website, put in my details and went through the payment process. It turns out that actually I didn't pay the fee as I received a PCN not long afterwards.

I checked with the bank who said that the payment wasn't taken, but I remembered going through the payment authorisation process...

I sent a letter explaining that as far as I knew the fee had been paid and it was only after receiving the PCN that I realised it hadn't been. I sent the following evidence:

- A screen shot of my phone showing the text message including exact time etc, from my bank to confirm the payment request to TFL for £12.50.

- A screenshot of my browser history showing the various payment pages on the TFL website as I progressed through the payment system.

They responded asking for additional evidence before considering my case, but I had no additional evidence. I did, however overlook their request for my card details, which would have helped them to track down the attempted payment. I'm dyslexic and do occasionally do miss things like this when they're not explicitly listed as a request - not making excuses, but it may be relevant if I end up in front of a magistrate.

They have now rejected my appeal and offered the option to appeal their decision via the Road User Charging Adjudicators. Trouble is I don't fit any of their specific criteria for appeal other than "I paid the charge". To my knowledge I had paid it.

To my mind I thought I had paid and was organised by making this payment the evening before travel. The fact that it wasn't processed should surely mean that I'm just offered the option to pay the fee again rather than a PCN?

I now have 28 days from March 15th to do something to avoid a further increase... I'd be happy to go to court with this if I had a chance of appealing to the common sense and fairness of the magistrate.

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Edited by gm256

Appeals get rejected automatically regardless of how valid your excuse is. Not even Jesus would have his appeal accepted. It's just a trick to get you to admit you were the driver, which you now did, so welcome to the club of people who made that mistake.

Start by reading the other threads and please fill in the form so your query follows the correct format.

Someone will be here shortly to gently tell you off for filling an appeal, and offer further advice :) 

Edit: Ignore me I thought that was a private parking charge.

Edited by Kyosanto
  • Like 2