style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Apologies if this isn't in the right place. 

I'm lasting power for my mum. She was placed in a care home last year despite the fact that I was against it and she had also said on record before she lost her capacity that she wanted to stay in her own home.

Anyway, the local authority had been paying until I got together her documents and they're now doing her financial assessment, so I've provided them with her bank statements as requested.

They're now questioning her spending history, as she had been in a care home, but because I'm looking after her home and buying her things that the care home don't provide, so I'm using her money. They've gone through each transaction and is asking why the money was spent despite the fact that mum is clearly below the threshold. I don't feel like I've done anything wrong, but I'm really concerned because I've had bad history with the local authority before. For example, with the council tax when my mum was living here and she was exempt, they tried putting the bill in my name instead and then taking me to court and it wasn't until it went all the way up to the top that they admitted fault. They just seem like they're trying to get every penny of the residents and I'm quite worried where this may lead, as they've notified the social worker who is coming to see me next week. 

Does anyone know what might happen and how I can get them off my back? I've looked after mum for years and it's been stressful enough, I really don't need this. 

Thanks in advance!