residential parking issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had been a tenant in a block of flats that had parking facilities which were paid for in addition to the monthly rent.

On 2 occasions I received a letter stating that I had failed to display a valid permit and was charged £100 for both times, separated by a week.

The car was in its allocated bay and was registered with the parking management.

I took the matter to the Independent Appeals Service and I have attached it to this thread. 

I have also pointed out that I’m currently on chemotherapy with a life expectancy of less than 6 months but this has had no bearing on the matter.

I’ve thought about court action but might not be around to attend the hearing and wondered if I left it would the matter then be an issue my estate would have to deal with?

I loathe these companies who seek to earn a living through dishonest and unethical means.

Please advise. Redacted APPEAL.pdf

Wizadoros,

First, I'm very sorry to hear of your medical condition.

The usual advice is not to appeal (you've already seen the regular outcome of doing so).

Also to ignore everything they send unless you get a "letter before claim".

Even if they do court, it invariably takes several months to a year before it even starts to happen.

It's obvious just from the info you've posted so far that the fleecers haven't followed the correct legal process.

It sounds suspiciously like they should have placed a "notice to Driver" on the windscreen... Did they?

There will also be numerous other reasons they don't have a leg to stand on, one of which is "supremacy of contract".

Your contract to park in your own spot. trumps their made up rules.

I'm sure the other guys will reassure you on a number of other points, but in the meantime, if you want to bother yourself with such a trivial thing under your current circumstances, please follow the instructions in the sticky... presumably for what should have been a windscreen ticket.

And all the best for your future. Don't let this crap preventing you from enjoying what you have left.

Edited by Nicky Boy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

40 minutes ago, Wizadoros said:

I’ve thought about court action but might not be around to attend the hearing and wondered if I left it would the matter then be an issue my estate would have to deal with?

I'm not sure about this one, but gut feeling would be no, it's just a speculative invoice.

The experts will probably chime in...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Firstly, of course I'm sorry to hear about your medical condition.

Secondly, some yearns ago I had to deal with my deceased brother's affairs.  That situation was slightly different as my brother died full of debt, so i just sent Death Certificates to the various parties and they closed their files.  However, none of them bothered to correspond with me to find out if there was any estate (there wasn't).

I suppose in theory the fleecers could go after who is in charge of your estate but (a) they wouldn't have a clue how to do this and (b) they wouldn't have a clue how to track down your executors.

You certainly can't take a deceased person to court.

The charlatans know they are on to a loser with residential parking cases and hardly ever do court.

The best thing to do, if health permits, is if you or someone close to you can keep liaising with the site and we can advise what to do bit by bit as the leeches send out their "threatening" letters.

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread