Furniture Village faulty recliner advice needed please

CobraUK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All Again

Back in 2021 you were able to help me take my builder to court that I won after your help Thanks very much again for that.

so I am hoping you can again help?

Back in 2020 I ordered a 2 seat and a 3 seat settee from Furniture village it was delivered on13/3/21 on delivery it wasn’t in a very good condition I told the delivery driver I wasn’t happy with it and was told I would have to contact the store which I did on the 15th, to cut a long story short after many conversations with the manager etc it was replaced on the 6/5/21 and was as far as I was aware in a good condition,

after a while I noticed that I was getting back issues but put that down to me having issues with my back ,

over xmas 2021 /new year 2022 I had family around and they notice a issue with the right hand side of the 3 seat settee, and when looking at my brother sitting and reclining that the back of the chair was dropping on the right hand side and when it was back up, he said that his hips were also dropping on the right, which explains why I was getting back issues,  I contacted Furniture Village Norwich and they said they would get someone out to look at it,

the inspector turned up and did his thing and he agreed that the recliner had a issue and when I asked will that mean it will need to be replaced he agreed ( I have that on video) but once the report came through to Furniture Village office he said in his report that it was normal wear & tear not a manufactory fault ,  I was told this over the phone and if I do not like the report I should seek legal advice ( which I was happy with that being told over the phone )

I sent a letter off saying that I wasn’t happy and that I disagree with the outcome of your inspection completely, and would like to point out that this is exactly what was said about the first settee “normal wear and tear” by your inspector, even after informed you about the issues and sent pictures 2 days after it was delivered,  I do not think the Company you use is accessing the problem fairly and  “Under the Sale Of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), goods you supply must be of satisfactory quality, and be fit for purpose and match their description”.

As there was a problem with the goods after I bought them, I request that you repair the goods at no cost to me.

Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter.

No reply was received,

I sent another letter on 14/2/23 saying,

You have failed to respond to my letter below that you received on the 27th January 2023, I would like to inform you that under the consumer act it states “I have a final right to reject” the settee if you are not willing to repair it as I have asked you too.

Please respond within 14 days of receiving this letter, if you fail to respond to this letter I am informing you that, I will be invoking the final right to reject my settee under the consumer act 2015.

No reply received yet but they have until next week but I do not think that will arrive. And BTW we are both in out 70’s and treat our furniture with care and do not make a habit of jumping on the settee to damage it lol

my question to you all, is have I done all I can and should I have done something else before taking action, and what should I do next please?

Regards

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

How did you purchase the settees?  Debit card credit card?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hello  Andyorch,

We paid a deposit with the card and the rest is on a interest free loan, and we have ask the loan company to look into the issue and all they did was agree that if its a fair ware then they cant help ?

Looking on line there are alot of customers with the same issue as me, with the get out fair wear etc

Edited by CobraUK

We paid a deposit with the card

Credit or debit ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thanks and this loan have you started payments ?

Okay let's assume that you are not going to get a further response from the supplier send the letter of rejection pursuant to the CRA.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/pdfs/ukpga_20150015_en.pdf

Then initiate a chargeback to your credit card for the full retail value. It's important that you have exhausted all complaints procedures first.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback-abZ2d4z3nT8q

Just one other point did you purchase this on line or instore ?

Okay keep your loan payments going until this is resolved but you must inform your credit card of the loan and payments made. so far.

This them ?

WWW.FURNITUREVILLAGE.CO.UK

Not quite right? Not a problem. Read up on Furniture Village cancellations, refunds and returns policy here.

Yes that is the company

And they say "Every sofa and bed and all dining and bedroom furniture (excluding Clearance items) comes with our free 20 year guarantee which covers all structural elements. So, in the unlikely event that you experience a problem with your furniture after this 14 day period, there's no need to worry." Yea right no chance, I would like to know what would they put right over 20 years that they wont put down as fair/ware ? seems to me its not worth the paper it printed on