Appalling service from Scottish Power.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We now live in Spain but still have a house in England that our son lives in and Gas/Elec is by Scottish Power.  Going back to Oct of last year the commercial property next door, (Which also use Scot Power), had a new tenant and when they transferred the billing details, Scot Power made a hash of it and transferred our account to them. After many phone calls, during which all of there agents told me it was sorted out, nothing changed. After months of this and despite their agents doing their best to talk me out of it, I sent a formal complaint in. Suprise, they then got on it and sorted it out and they were very sorry etc and could they then close the complaint. When I pointed out that the complaint was about the fact that it took 3 months to get it sorted out, not that it was fixed now, they just say very sorry, can we close the complaint. On asking if that is their final response, I just get very sorry, can we close the complaint.

As I understand it, to forward the whole thing to OFGEN, you need to have a final response. How do you proceed if They won't give one?

Any help would be most appreciated

Cashins 

Write, asking for their final response, or a ‘deadlock letter

at the earliest of:

a) a final response,

b) a deadlock letter, or

c) 8 weeks from asking for a) or b), you can escalate to the Ombudsman, even if you haven’t received a) or b)

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/sites/default/files/docs/2020/10/euk_ose_8_week_and_deadlock_letter_guidance_-_feb_2020_update.pdf

Have they now sorted the issue?

What outcome do you want? 

I'm guessing you no longer use them?

Apart from an apology and correcting the matter, I doubt there is anything else that can be done. 

Yes your irritated by the lethargic attitude of SP but what other outcome do you realistically think they can provide?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks very much for the replies.

I have asked them for a final response which I doubt I will get so I will let it time out and then send it off to OFGEN.

I don't really expect anything to come of it other than to make OFGEN aware of how bad the service from this company is. If enough people complain, something may be done.

I think Scot Power are probably going to have a bigger problem with the chap who took over the property next door as in their wisdom, Scot Power e-mailed me a copy of his lease contract for the building which is obviously a confidential document. He was not happy to say the least when I showed him and intends to take that further with the Data Commissioner and court action if he gets no satisfaction.

Cheers

Cashins