Bank Workers ex and existing when was/is payday?

Guest NATTIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a gut feeling when claims that have gone to the court stage are being settled. NatWest seem to pay out about the 18th of the month and I was wondering about this correlation of dates. For NatWest it seemed this last saturday that cheques arrived through the post by Special Delivery(which means that they were sent out on the Friday) and guess what Payday for me on Monday which means you can draw on it on Saturday.

So for all those Bank Workers and Former Bank workers out there when is the banks paydays.

I'll start NatWest and RBS 18th of the month. Once we have all the info can successful claimers then confirm payday for them ie when they got the cheque through the door. We may find that it is a common occurance.

So any other banks payday?

Ok we seem to have the main banks, so claimers do the dates and your relevant bank seem to be paying out or rather you receiving cheques around that date? As most cheques seem to come Special Delivery which means it was sent the previous day, could there be found a pattern?

You file MCOL, bank send out cheques to be received when the rest of the banks staff is paid(after a painful fight). Am I close or has the pattern not been made?

Barclays 23rd of the month

When I worked there, it was the 23rd, but if the 23rd was a Friday it was the day before. The reason for this was because the 23rd is usually not a busy banking day (so the bank can process their own payments on this day using "spare" capacity). Also, in the days when people dealt more with cash (i.e. before ATMs) they wanted to avoid members of staff adding to the queues in branches during busy days.

I guess most banks will pay around this time for similar reasons.

I am suggesting a pattern of paying our claims when it has gone to MCOL and that is why I think seems to be the pattern so it may be worth keeping an eye on settlements. The day you receive the cheque is what I am getting at.

My daughter works at Nationwide in payroll dept and theirs is 23rd

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

Court date set 14th Feb.Court bundle sent.Nothing rec from [problem]

****WON*****.

• 1 month later...

Used to be the 15th for the Bank of Scotland when I worked there 4 years ago. This has probably changed by now :D

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

• 3 weeks later...

Nattie - are you thinking what I am thinking? Engineer your claim so that a hearing is about a week before "payday" - banks have a choice - go to court or change their systems. As the systems are automated (they still won't admit this) they will find themselves in the position that a court appearance is a very real possibility...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

no, if you are abbey staff and bank with them your paid 1 day early, if the 19th is a monday then friday will be the 16th, but thats it, i am currently working for them. if your current abbey staff i dont know how you managed that....