Charged more than the initial quote

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New to the forum.

I got a quote by email of £120 to cerakote an exhaust. 

"I can do your exhaust for £120.00"

In a few emails he mentioned he would have to sand blast the exhaust then coat it.

Also when I took the exhaust in he said the same ie. blast and coat, nothing else.

But when I had to pay for it they charged me £180 stating

"There was a bit more work involved due to not being able to acid dip the exhaust . 

So your Bill is 
Cerakote £150.00
VAT.         £30.00 
Total.       £180.00" 

When I got the exhaust I can tell all he did was blast and coat it.
I was not happy at all at the price hike and if he had quoted £180 to start with I would never had used him as I got a few quotes of £150 including vat.
I'm in Scotland in case that affects the laws.

His price was in my first email reply by him and the email was titled "exhaust quote" by myself

Yes I have paid and have a receipt which was emailed to me.

Edited by uk111

Well IMHO a quote is what you will pay for the work carried out, as opposed to an estimate.

But without seeing exactly what he stated in the email, it could be either.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

This is all the email says.

I do that coating, I can do your exhaust for £120.00, leave it with me I will do it in a few days.

I think that boat has sailed, you've paid him, so unless the work he carried out is defective in some way, I don't think you have a chance of reclaiming the extra £60.

The time in which to argue the cost was when you went to collect the item.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So when he said to you "There was a bit more work involved due to not being able to acid dip the exhaust . So your Bill is Cerakote £150.00 VAT.         £30.00 Total.       £180.00" you paid the £180 without objection or protest? 

If so then I reckon that in law you accepted his higher quote by paying it and it is too late now to change your mind and ask for original price to apply.