Mis sold Audi service plan?? by dealership??

holkw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

I took out a PCP agreement on an Audi Q2 in March 2022, and received the car end of May 2022.

In initial conversations, I had been told that I would get 2 free services with my PCP agreement.

After driving away the car on 30th May 2023, the dealership sent me an email following up and offering me a service plan @ £11 per month for 2 services.  I questioned this as I was under the impression I had 2 free services. The dealership responded to let me know the offer was for used cars only and I did not qualify for it.  Personally I like the comfort of paying a small monthly cost for servicing, so under the impression I DID NOT have any free servicing, I took out the service plan. 

My oil change light came on last week, I called up to book in for a minor service. Upon doing so, the guy on the phone said that I had 2 live service plans, which was very unusual. He said I had 1 that was fully paid off a couple days before getting my car, and one that was £11 per month. I did not pay any service plan off in full, and it looks as if this is the 2 free services I was initially offered, but told I did not qualify for. 

I have full email evidence of me querying this and being told I had no free servicing and that I had to pay. It could have been a genuine mistake, but the dealership has ignored all my emails regarding this. I have been mis sold a service plan under false pretences and have now paid over £100 which I did not need to!

I have logged a complaint with AFS, but I could be waiting up to 8 weeks for a case handler to contact me. 

I would like some advice on how to approach this when I do get contacted. Is this in breach of any laws I can reference etc? 

do the dealerships receive commission on service plans as I feel this would be a reason to sneakily push it on me.

any advice or useful things to say/mention would be really appreciated. 

thanks.

• dx100uk changed the title to Mis sold Audi service plan?? by dealership??

are you paying them monthly by Direct Debit?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why dont you ring your bank and reclaim all the DD's under the DD guarantee scheme?

stuff 'em short circuit their ignorance?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am quite certain that they do receive commission on service plans which they sell.

It is really just like PPI

You don't seem to have told us the name of the dealer. Is there a reason for that ?

It will be helpful if you could explain what a pcp agreement is please