Can I request a refund for older electrical items when they break?

juliet199
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an air fryer in March 2019 and used it at least 3 or 4 times a week for three years before it packet in shutting down after around 10 seconds. Fair enough I felt, it should have lasted a little longer. but 3 years is just about ok. So I checked online and the latest model had gone up considerably, while Ebay were listing the model I had for half the price and I ordered that. Although this was listed as "new" and had a years warranty, that developed the exact same problem after eight months, and I was one very vexed off woman.

The seller offered a replacement, but I went online to see what my rights were and the Which website drafted this letter for me.  

Dear Sir or Madam,

REFERENCE:  - Tefal Air Fryer purchased 9 March 2019 order no 1234567890

I purchased a Tefal Air Fryer from Sogra online paying by my Sogracard. At the point of purchase I paid £119.99.

The air fryer now stops working after 10 to 20 seconds.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with Sogra that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product between 6 months and 6 years, I am within my statutory rights to ask for it to be refunded.

I await confirmation that you will provide the remedy set out above within 14 days of the date of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

Julie T

I sent an amended edition of this letter to the Ebay seller and he agreed the refund by return. Whether this was because his Ebay shop is still up and running, he has 100% feedback, he had already given me a years warranty and when he checked he had none in stock - or is Which correct in saying this, can you ask for a refund for up to six years or can the seller just offer a repair for which they make a charge and then most of us just replace the item.

Thanks,

Julie

Read the full legislation here:-

WWW.LEGISLATION.GOV.UK

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread