More Rapha/evri Woes (part of delivery missing)

spesh88
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

• I placed a very large (approx. £2,000 after applying a 30% discount code) order with Rapha in their sale on 29th Dec 2022, paying by American Express CC.
  • I received a single box on 12th Jan. I have the photo from the courier's website (Evri) of the delivery of the single box and a very small jiffy bag from another retailer. The box did not contain any delivery/packing note showing what was contained (Rapha usually do this).
  • Of the 31 items ordered, 8 were missing (with a value of around £500 total).
  • I emailed their customer services on 12th, 13th and 16th Jan. I informed them of the missing items and missing packing note.
  • I have not received a reply to any of my emails, despite it being their official email address for customer services from which I have received replies in the past. I also emailed their Head of Customer Services separately - no response either.
  • I would like to keep several of the items and have in fact worn some of them already. I would like to return the rest for refund. Naturally, I would also like to be refunded for the items that were never received.

What is my best course of action? What does anyone advise?

I should probably have learned my lesson the last time I had problems with them. I guess I have now!

Thanks in advance.

• dx100uk changed the title to More Rapha/evri Woes (part of delivery missing)

don't forget that as you used a credit card , they under section 75 of Consumer credit act, they are equally responsible.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When you say "they" I assume you mean Rapha.

The main issue I am struggling with is this.

If I return the goods I don't want, I click on those individual items on their website. If I also do this for the goods not received, they will state they have never received them and not refund me.

Continuing along this line of thought then, at this point I would initiate a claim via section 75? The value would be very different from the full amount they billed my credit card.

Does that matter?

So my current plan is:

• Send a letter recorded and a copy via email stating I will be returning goods (list them) and that i did not receive certain goods (list them).
  • On their website, initiate a 'return' for everything I don't want or didn't receive.
  • State the amount I expect to be refunded.
  • If they do not refund in an appropriate time frame (14 days?). Claim under S75

Does this seem the best approach?

Or is there a more straightforward way to proceed or a way that is more likely to result in success?

The 30% discount code also complicates the values.

Just to add, "14 days from delivery" is approaching (26th Jan) and so I'm not sure if this makes any difference in terms of returns/refunds.

Edited by spesh88

4 hours ago, spesh88 said:

When you say "they" I assume you mean Rapha.

no the credit card company.

pers i'd ring them and say you want a refund on XXX items, under section 75

its a bit of a complex situation for them to understand but it should work

see what they recommend.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...