Child maintenance understanding

west210
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

Could anyone advise me on what child maintenance covers.

I'm to believe it covers a child's basic needs, such as food, housing, cloths not including school uniforms, trips etc

Is there any kind of list of what's covered and whats not?

Thank you

West

" Everyday living costs"  includes all essential costs of looking after a child including food, shelter and clothing. 

There is loads online to suggest that what is considered "everyday living costs" is complex and subject to arguments.  

If there is no black and white law that states specifically what is included in the costs, then the issue of costs has to be argued between the two parents involved.  If there is a dispute about the amount being paid/received, then there are ways in which a dispute can be raised.

WWW.GOV.UK

How to set up or manage a child maintenance arrangement, including what to do if a parent does not pay, how to contact the Child Maintenance Service, and signing in to your account.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread