The Range refusing refund of faulty items with a receipt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought two identical low valve items at my local the range store.

I got home are realised they were both cracked and unusable. I returned to the store two days later and went to the shelf to check the other stock, 80% were cracked. I took two intact ones to customer service to exchange them.

I had lost my receipt, I did however have the bank statement showing the purchase with me. The manager refused to exchange the broken items without receipt. I quoted the consumer right act that says receipt not being necessary and a bank statement should be sufficient.

They told me that I  was wrong and they wouldn't exchange them without a receipt saying "I could have bought them anywhere". Despite me pointing out that nearly all the stock they have are broken.

After that things go a little... heated. lol

There is cctv at the cashiers desk, and there will be a till receipt matching my statement.

Where do i go from here? 

Am i right or wrong on this?

Thanks for your help all.

There is nothing unreasonable about your position .

Need to have the actual receipt as long as you have some evidence of the purchase.

You say that the items are low value. But please can you tell us some more .

How much did they cost?

They were only about £3.50 each, two aquarium air stones. It wouldn't be worth my time normally, but i want to pursue this. Ive plenty of time of my hands. Ive emailed a complaint to therange including evidence and quoting the consumer rights act. I may mail a copy to the store addressed to the manager. Hell i might stick a notice of the window telling customers they don't need a receipt to return faulty goods lol.