Royal mail Lost Parcel - Lost Proof of Postage Special Delivery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was hoping for some advice on a matter.

3 weeks ago I sent a parcel with a camera in which i sold for £350 on ebay. It was sent via royal mail special delivery which I purchased directly through eBay. I printed off the label and took it to the post office. Stupidly I lost the proof of postage. Don't ask me how, I've learnt my lesson though.

Now the parcel has gone missing. The tracking showed that it was accepted by the post office but it hasn't moved. I went to my post office about 5 days after I posted it, I know them because its also the local shop and they explained to me the way they count them and that it won't be in the shop(it's a tiny counter and I'm inclined to believe them as I've known the woman who served me on the day for years)

Rm are claiming that they cannot give compensation because I have no PoP however I feel that the fact that I purchased the label online and the fact that the corresponding tracking number is showing that the parcel has been given into the post office is enough to prove that I have posted the camera but they are refusing to budge. 

I am considering trying to take them to small claims once I have exhausted all remaining options but I am wondering do I really have a chance of winning? or will me I not having a physical reciept stop any claim from being successful.

£350 isn't a huge sum of money, I can live without it but from a principle perspective it is something that I am unhappy about. RM know I have sent the parcel. They know I paid for the label yet because I do not have a physical receipt they are allowed to lose my parcel without any expectation of compensation. 

Any help would really help me. I'm not looking for a day in court but feel in this case I might have to.

Thanks

How did you pay?

So there must be a record of your payment .

Accesses and printed out. Also so digitally .

It probably wouldn't be too important anyway.

I'm sure that we can help you make your claim but I don't really understand why you think also is no evidence of your payment when it is there on PayPal

Sorry i probably should have been more clear. Royal mail are asking me for the reciept they give you at the post office which I have stupidly and naively misplaced. 

The fact that it shows on tracking as having being given to the post office and the fact that I have the physical label as well as proof of payment is not enough for them. 

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Well it probably wasn't a good idea not to take care of the receipt .

You could have at least photographed it .

However, all you are getting here is RM going immediately into lost parcel denial mode .

Make sure that you have assembled all the evidence which you do have in printed form as well as saved.

I suggest that you start reading up on this forum about the steps involved taking a small claim in the country court .

You may also want to read some of the courier stories that we have here, although most of them don't deal with RM, but they will be helpful anyway .

Once you understand the steps, then I suggest that you draft a letter of claim and posted here so we can have a look.

Certainly not one of my brightest moments.

The evidence I currently have are:

>Printscreens of both the ebay tracking & the royal mail app tracking my parcel and both showing electronically that my parcel& its tracking number have been recieved at my local post office. The ebay tracking also shows when the payment was made(maybe relevent?)

>A copy of the invoice from PayPal which shows the the amount paid to ebay also stating that it is for royal mail shipping [insert tracking number here](this also has the same time as the tracking on ebay)

>A copy of the label I used to send the parcel which obviously has the tracking number on it

>the invoice for the camera when I purchased it.

>the sold listing of the camera from me selling it on ebay.

I am struggling to think of what more documentation I would need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do you feel that I have a good case? I would hate to be shot down on a technicality. Would a judge simply reject me out of hand because I didn't have a physical receipt? despite the evidence showing both royal mail acknowledging that theyve recieved the parcel into there network and that I paid for that service.

RIght now IM showing willing and simply going through the correct channels but obviously I'm getting nowhere.

Edited by rintonfaq