British Gas failed to respond to S.A.R

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I sent British Gas a S.A.R around October time. I got 2 replies from them, one asking for personal details to confirm my identity, which I sent, and one snail mail saying they are sorry it is taking longer than expected to get my data. That second one was in November. Nothing since.

Could you please point me out to the threads which explain what to do next?

P.S. The S.A.R itself wasn't a big deal. I was just curious how a DCA got our personal details, and were trying to bill me for an address I did no longer live at, and BG were absolutely horrible in dealing with it. (had to speak to them 4 times before they spoke to the DCA to make them stop). But now that they are 3x behind schedule I think it's time to make them pay.

Go to the ICO and complain

ICO.ORG.UK

If you have a concern about the way an organisation has handled your personal information or you have an issue accessing...

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You can sue them for a couple of hundred quid if you want

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Well ICO refuses to take the complaint further until I have chased them for an answer, which to be fair I have not.

I've now written an email to British Gas giving them 5 business days to reply, so I'll wait this much longer, but doesn't this make this bit of the template letter (which I grabbed from your site) a bit moot?

If you fail to comply with all of your obligations, we will make an immediate complaint to the Information Commissioner about your statutory breach – and without any further notice to you.

I don't know much about the ICO, sorry.

However, I suppose, yes, it would be more logical to give them one chance to sort it out before taking action.

Following the Virgin thread the same sort of action was suggested to someone who got a private parking ticket and they sued, won and were paid  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/452147-loc-to-ncp-for-failure-to-supply-sar-paid-in-full/