G24/Trace/BW ANPR PCN appeal refused - now Letter of Claim - Costa Coffee Car Park Perivale, West London, off the A40

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm at work now.  When I knock off late this evening I'll read all your correspondence and then draft something.

You are, however, mistaking what sort of letter you should be writing.  There is no point in writing about care issues and elderly people to spivs, cheats & charlatans.  The tone should be "I'm not paying you a penny, your case is pants and if you take me to court I'll give you the hammering of your lives".

More later.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

At the top of the private parking forum is a thread called PPC Successes. These are thread where people won against private parking companies and most of them will have a 'snotty letter' after people received a Letter of Claim from a PPC.

Don't try to reason with them, you need to show them you've seen through their game and will be trouble if it goes to court.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Clickme^^

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If something like this ever happens again, don't correspond with the fleecers.  As you can see, it's got you nowhere.  Even worse, you've thrown away legal protections.  In any hypothetical court case they would need to sue the driver of the vehicle.  They didn't know who this was, they knew the name of the registered keeper, but the driver could have been a completely different person.  But then you outed yourself as the driver.

However, don't worry, their claim is so poor that maybe before you wrote there was a 1% chance of them doing court and now it's 2%.  Their case is still rubbish.

Certainly writing to Trace was a waste of time.  Even if they were nice, helpful people - they're not - there would be nothing they could do.  It's not their debt.  They can't do anything.  Your dispute is with G24.  This, BTW, was a mistake I often made before I came across the site and realised the law on debt collection agencies.

Anyway, snotty letter time.  How about -

Dear Rachael & Sean,

cheers for your Letter of Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in mirth at the idea you thought I'd actually take such tripe seriously and cough up!

You and your greedy client know full well why this sum isn't payable.  I've told you both enough times.  The invoice should have been cancelled months ago.  But you've gone on & on with your tedious letters, presumably hoping to bore me into submission.

So you're finally threatening court, are you?  Fine - go for it!  It is abundantly clear from industry guidelines that any court claim would be vexatious, so I'd delight in giving your client the hammering of their lives and then spending the dosh from an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) on a nice, pleasant holiday, while all the time laughing at your & your client's expense.

I look forward to your deafening silence.

COPIED TO G24 LTD

Wait until early January to send it.  There's no rush given their deadline.  That gives time for the other regulars to add tweaks.  When the time comes, invest in two 2nd class stamps and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office. 

The reason we say to send it both to the solicitors and to the fleecers is because, in this murky, money-grabbing world of the PPCs, both BW Legal and G24 are out to get you, but BW Legal are also out to egg their clients on to start a court case, however hopeless, to get the readies rolling in.  Let the fleecers too know they'd be best to drop you like a hot potato and go after someone else daft enough to be scared of their threats.

There are no absolute guarantees, but so far on CAG a snotty letter has generally made G24 skulk away into the shadows.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you for your thoughts and your snotty letter. 

Just wondering if it's better to send both letters by recorded delivery in view of the postal strikes etc. I don't want to give them the excuse that they haven't received it. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, FTMDave said:

When the time comes, invest in two 2nd class stamps and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office. 

you cant be penalised for missing the 30 days.

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've had a look at Google Maps, and I doubt Costa run the car park, given it's shared with KFC.

However, I may be wrong, a polite e-mail which explains your position to the CEO can't do any harm, nothing ventured ...

Yes, I know.  Try the Costa CEO.  It's only an e-mail.  Nothing to lose by trying.

no never ever use or give the fleecers or their dogs an email.

dx

and they

Unfortunately, that ship has sailed as I have been in contact with both G24 and bwlegal by email - that's before I found your website with all the helpful information. I will ensure that all my contact from now on is via royal mail. 

Use email then 

We'll cut it off later if need be.

Dx

• Like 1

and they

I've made some minor tweeks but the body is mostly unchanged. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear BW Legal , 

Thanks for your Letter of Claim.  I rolled around on the floor with laughter at the idea you thought I'd actually take such tripe seriously and pay up!

You and your greedy clients (G24) know full well why this sum isn't payable.  I've told you both enough times. The invoice should have been cancelled months ago.  But instead you've gone on & on with your tedious letters and emails, presumably hoping to bore me into submission.

So you're finally threatening court, are you?  Fine - go for it!  It is abundantly clear from industry guidelines that any court claim would be vexatious, so I'd delight in giving your clients the hammering of their lives and then spending the money from an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) on a nice, pleasant holiday, while all the time laughing and your & your client's expense.

I look forward to your deafening silence. 

COPIED TO G24 LTD
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas 

I could also write in the email to the Head of Costa that if I got to court I'll make sure that I'd let the media know that I'm being charged £160 +court costs for being 11 minutes late after taking two elderly people, one of whom is registered disabled and the other was diagnosed with cancer, heart attack and open heart surgery for a meet up at Costa coffee for the first time since Lockdown as a way of improving their mental health. I'm sure the media will interested after the parking ticket story at KFC that was in the media. 

i'd leave that about costa for you 2nd letter poss to them.

and they

Merry Christmas to you too.

The problem with Costa is that it may not be their own car park, there could be a different landowner who called in the fleecers.  Best to be nice and polite in an initial mail to the CEO, and see what happens.

The snotty letter looks fine.  We suggested "Dear Rachael and Sean" as it refers to the two spivs who run the company  http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2016/10/excel-parking-youve-been-gladstoned.html  and using their names shows you've done your homework on them and the game is up.  Plus they must have worked out by now that the letters are connected to CAG and so you've got back up.   

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

Happy new year everyone. 

I sent the snotty letter (post and email) and this is the reply I received today (by email).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Good Morning

Thank you for your email.

Whilst we appreciate the documentation provided, we would require evidence of a medical emergency on the date in question – 10 February 2022.

We believe that there is sufficient signage advising of the terms and conditions of the car park. The terms and conditions were breached due to the vehicle in question exceeding the permitted stay time.

The balance is due and owing.

Should you have any queries please contact our offices on 0113 487 0432 to discuss this matter further.

Kind Regards,

bwlegal

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Any thoughts on what I should do, if anything?

I will also email the Costa CEO today to ask if he could intercede in this matter.

Thanks for your help.

Just quickly, so i don't have to read through the whole thread, haven't you already sent them medical details?

I have sent them a medical report for one the gentlemen to confirm that he is elderly and had cancer, open heart surgery as well as other things, and also the other elderly gentleman is disabled and I sent them a copy of his disabled badge.