Evri - Damaged beyond repair return some goods to a bathroom retailer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I made the mistake off using this joke of a courier company to return some goods to a bathroom retailer. There were 2 items packed within a bigger box. One was a ceramic basin and the other metal basin waste. Package was fully secure and packed out inside.

·        30/11 – parcel Picked up by Evri driver

·        05/12 – Email from customer services advising parcel has been damaged beyond repair and disposed of

·        06/12 – I emailed back asking for photo evidence and why it was disposed of as it was still my property.

·        06/12 – Response received advising that they will investigate it and get back to me within 48 hours as the parcel should’ve put on a return process back to me.

This time has now lapsed and wondering if I should now threaten with a letter of claim?

-        Combined cost of items was £142.40 which was stated on booking

-        Additional insurance wasn’t taken

-        ‘Basin’ was listed as contents

But before I proceed, I just had a few questions –

Firstly, as it was a ceramic basin and ceramics are on the prohibited list will that effect any compensation I wish to claim?

What would be my next step?

Thank you in advance

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri - Damaged beyond repair return some goods to a bathroom retailer

forget their prohibited list.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Who organised the return? You or the retailer?

Thank you.

Please spend a couple of days reading lots of the stories on this sub- forum so that you understand the way these claims go. They always follow the same route. Follow the link – EVRi – to understand some of the basic principles.

At the same time write a letter of complaint to them – outlining what has happened and the fact that they have told you that they have destroyed the parcel without any reference to you, without consent and without providing any evidence of the damage.

Tell them that not only are they in breach of contract but also the destruction of your property by them and which they have admitted is a trespass to your property and you want full reimbursement of the value of the item plus expenses.

Don't set any deadlines – but prepare a letter of claim which will include a 14 day deadline and after about seven days or so, send the letter of claim.

Post a draft of your letter of claim here before you send it off.

Come back here when you have sent the letter of complaint and you have completed the reading

both

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...