Evri haven't delivered valuable parcel due to 'bad weather'. How to proceed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I returned £500s worth of clothes via Evri tracked just under 2 weeks ago.

The day after posting I received a shipping update stating the package has not been delivered due to 'bad weather' in the area... It's been over 10 working days now and no updates. I expect it's been lost.

The chat bot is useless. The support email is no longer in use. And the automated phone system repeatedly tells me there are too many people in the queue and I get hung up on.

What should I try next to confirm if the parcel is indeed lost? People on here seem to be raising issues with Evri via some sort of email address. If you've done so recently, please share which email you've had luck with.

I have access to the contact details of customer service employees at Evri via my employer's contact database tool. I emailed someone yesterday but haven't heard back. I'm also unsure if this is the best approach. Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Nobody has luck with any emails as far as I can make out. Not only that I get the impression from the Facebook groups that as soon as an email address is discovered – and certainly as soon as a telephone number is discovered, they are changed.

Begin by sending a letter of complaint. Don't give them a deadline but you will be waiting for about 10 days before you decide to take the next action.

Read around the sub- forum as many as the EVRi stories as you can manage. That means lots of them. Take a couple of days until you understand how it all goes and the principles involved. Follow this link – EVRi – and that will help to get you going.

Come back here when you have sent your letter of complaint and you have done the reading.

If you like the help that you are getting here then make sure they know about it on the Facebook groups. The groups are good for getting people together but they seem to have bit stodgy in the way that help is provided and it seems to me that most people don't bother to pursue their claims but simply give up with resignation

Well that's a turn up for the books.

Would you be so kind as to forward me your email either here or privately?

Would be useful to see what you included to elicit a response.

Thanks Santorini.

Here, please

Thanks BankFodder.

I might have an edge on most people re up-to-date contacts at Evri via access to my work's database tool.

If Santorini's suggestion to reach out to the CEO doesn't work for me, do you see any downside to emailing/ringing lower level employees?

If not, what would I be asking for to move closer to a resolving this issue?

Contacts for the head of customer service?

The right place to send the letter of complaint?

I take it this thread with Santorini contains a good draft of what a Letter of Complaint should contain?

Hi kkd34,

This is the email I sent 21st November had a reply and phone call the next day.

Dear Martijn,

In good faith I used Evri to deliver a parcel to XXX XXX. A distance of 53 miles, 1 hour 15 mins driving time from my home in Manchester. I dropped it off at 9.28 am 15th November and paid for next day delivery. On the 17th it was not delivered due to an accident closing a road. Since then nothing has happened. No attempt at redelivery and no update via tracking. I have tried to get help via the website but the automated system just gives the same information. There is no way to get support or speak to someone.

So I am appealing to you as CEO who has said you want Evri to give customers a great delivery experience. Please help me by asking someone to track the package and deliver it or to return it to the Manchester drop-off point where I can pick it up.

My mobile is XXXXXXXXXX

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Great email - thanks.

I've been reading the thread between you and BankFodder on here in an attempt to understand your timeline of actions.

Has your issue been resolved now? Or did the CEO only help track down the parcel but you still had issues and had to follow the steps outlined on the other thread to work towards getting compensation?

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Hi, 
I got an email on the 22nd asking for information on the contents and any photos, which I had for EBay and how I packed it which I was able to describe. 26th email saying they were still looking. 28th the final email saying it was "unaccounted for" and I had to go to Packlink. I immediately complained that this was unfair. No response.

I then moaned about it and sulked for a few days before starting research what I should do and found this group and the amazing help so far from BankFodder. I'm at the drafting my County Court claim stage.

54 minutes ago, Santorini said:

Hi, 
I got an email on the 22nd asking for information on the contents and any photos, which I had for EBay and how I packed it which I was able to describe. 26th email saying they were still looking. 28th the final email saying it was "unaccounted for" and I had to go to Packlink. I immediately complained that this was unfair. No response.

Ok thanks, I assume all of what I've quoted above came directly from reaching out to the CEO.

What did you use as the subject line for your email to him? Could be the difference between getting read or not!

I don't believe the CEO ever read the email but his team did. And I do believe they tried to find it. And the guy I spoke to and the emails were very friendly. On a Facebook group about problems with Evri people have had their items delivered using this route. It's just when the item is lost/stolen do Evri become ... hmmm ... <swear word>.

Subject line was Please help - lost parcel in NW England <parcel ref number>

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, need your help on next steps.

I finally managed to track down life at Evri but they've been fobbing me off since the 12th saying that they're still trying to locate my parcel.

Seems like a similar situation to yours Santorini! Although they haven't taken accountability and marked it 'unaccounted for' yet.

Either stalling or have a misplaced optimism that after a month there's a chance of finding it at the delivery depot.

What do you recommend I do next? Do I need for them to confirm it's lost to move to county court claim stage?

As much as I prefer to be the one who lays down the timescales and to keep control of the complaints process, I think given the fact that they are all in such disarray and that we are so close to Christmas, it is probably worth waiting until the New Year.

I have in mind particularly that if you incur costs issuing the claim and then suddenly in the New Year your items turn up, then you will be left having to continue the action to recover your costs and nothing else.

Of course you would be successful and I would certainly encourage you to maintain your claim for every last penny but maybe it will be prudent to wait until after the festive season.

It's up to you, you can send a letter of claim now and then issue the claim in the first week of January, or you can wait until first week of January and then send a letter of claim and then issue about the 18th or so of January.

Tell us how you want to play it.

• Like 1

You have to look at this scale County Court fees for the value of your claim

• Like 1