Lost Expensive Parcel @parcel2go or Evri

SJR1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted a valuable parcel (£750 remake value, £1400 retail) to Australia on the 24th October 2022. The parcel has only been scanned twice since then. Once upon collection and the other time on the 11th of November 2022 when it was supposedly scanned in the depot for return. 

I placed the order directly on the EVRI website although I’m a little confused about their relationship with EVRi and Parcel2Go. And who is actually responsible.

EVRi International emailed me on the 9th November saying, “It will be returned [the parcel] to sender  as in this case the value is too high for them to send on this service”. The EVRI website allows you to place insured orders for up to £2000 for this international service so I am very confused how a £750-£1400 parcel cannot be accepted due to its value.

Additionally, I can’t find this maximum value rule mentioned in any terms and conditions and their customer services department can’t point out where it is evidenced either. Surely, if they can’t accept a parcel of this value it should not be available for purchase on the website. 

Evri told me the parcel had been successfully found on the 11th November, as originally it was lost after collection, and that it would be returned to me because of the value. As it never left the UK this was due to happen within 14 working days. This has not happened nor have any scans shown since the scan on the 11th November. 

Evri as of today, 7th December 2022, Evri have decided it’s lost again and have said they are looking into the claim but every person I speak to gives me a different update. 

I insured the parcel for the value of £750 but I’d like to claim consequential loss due to misrepresentation that Evri could perform a service when they knew they couldn’t. Evri have said their terms and conditions exclude consequential loss, even though the person who purchased the goods in the parcel has asked for a refund for the retail value.

However, the only reason the client asked for a refund is because of the six week delay where Evri kept promising the parcel was being returned. They’ve now decided enough is enough so I’ll be substantially out of pocket. Additionally, as Evri haven’t even decided whether they are paying the claim I can’t set about remaking the order in case it turns up after I’ve spent money remaking and then Evri don’t pay me anything. The ideas are completely bespoke so I couldn’t resell them once they are made. 

I have spoken to Evri almost every day in the past five weeks and I can’t get anywhere. I’m so angry they seem to constantly change their reasons for why the contract wasn’t performed and this “maximum value for the service” issue that I can’t get a clear answer from them on. 

I assume a small claims court may be the way forward, but I’d like any advice on this, as it’s quite an unusual reason for why they didn’t send the parcel overseas. Additionally, if anyone has any suggestions on whether I could claim for the additional consequential loss. 

hit evri and 

read

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there have been several greater claims here than yours. dont worry

1stly lets get a few things confirmed as i suspect that our software has changed you typing...

h e r m e s to evri and if you did not place your order through parcel2go then why mention them?

well dont worry about this silly price capping either just used to confuse and deter people.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Evri are saying Parcel2Go are liable even though they confirmed I placed the order on their website directly and my invoicing is from EVRI

You’re right, the wording has been changed. The company who said the parcel was too high value was H e r m e s International who said they a separate service contracted by Evri to perform the international orders. 

and they

• 3 weeks later...

What's happening on this please?

The parcel “conveniently” tracked at the National Hub just after I submitted a letter of claim. This was on the 11th December, but there has been no tracks since then. Evri International / Parcel2Go keep assuring me it’ll turn up and they rejected my claim on the basis it’s now not lost. 

So what do you want to do?

You don't seem to be too bothered about any of it as it seems to have been going on a very long time and you are allowing EVRi to control the narrative

Have you sent this letter of claim ?

What date did you send it?

• 2 weeks later...

for your full amount?

dx

and they