Backdoor Business Rent CCJ found - Never knew I had a CCJ

Pancho7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello good folks, Im looking for some advice. 

When going for car finance recently I was shocked to find out I had incurred a CCJ for my business issued at the start of the year.

I've been working away most of the year so I went back to my office and found a pile of post waiting for me. I was expecting to see a court claim form but there wasn't one in the post (and none has come to my home address neither). There was however a Judgement for Claimant (in default) letter though dated end of Jan.

The debt relates to my office rent (£21k) and I understood the landlord (i.e. Mcr Council) were willing to work with me to give some time to make the payment. There was no mention of court proceedings, no letter before action and, as mentioned, no County Court Money Claims documentation received other than I duly paid (in full) 6 weeks after the date of the judgement.

The CCJ is now stopping me from growing my business and I was looking for advice with regards whether I could get the CCJ annulled?

Many thanks in advance for any advice you may have. It is very much appreciated.

You might, just, be able to apply to get judgement set aside.

When, more or less, did you find out when going for car finance?

Again, when did you find the judgement for claimant?

Edited by FTMDave
Incorrect informatioin edited

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

To get judgement set aside, you will have to convince a judge of two things.

1.  You have a genuine reason for not defending when the original claim form arrived.

2.  You have a realistic chance of defending the claim.

It seems to me that (1) will be easy, but (2) a hell of a lot less so, if you agree you owed the money.

A possible solution would be to approach Mcr Council and see if they will consent to set aside.  Certainly no harm trying.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

There must have been an original claim form, otherwise there would have been no case and they wouldn't have got judgement.

Presumably it got lost in the Christmas post.

Im sure there will have been but it hasn't been received at either my home address nor the office address.

If I haven't received notice of this claim, should this not be why it should be set aside

Do they need to prove it has been received?

what court is the notice of judgement form?

if its northants bulk

go ring them and ask for a copy of the claimform to be sent to you by email pdf.

if they cant do that get them to read out the address the claimform was sent to 

and the particulars of claim record your call.

you will need the claim number that should be on you credit file or the judgement notice

comeback when you have those details.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Business Rent CCJ found - Never knew I had a CCJ

I duly paid (in full) 6 weeks after the date of the judgement.

So you have paid the Judgment ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Oops missed that!

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

50 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

So you have paid the Judgment ?

I did pay in full because my landlords representative got in touch.

I didn’t pay because of the judgement, I was blissfully unaware the judgement existed.

2 hours ago, dx100uk said:

what court is the notice of judgement form?

if its northants bulk

go ring them and ask for a copy of the claimform to be sent to you by email pdf.

if they cant do that get them to read out the address the claimform was sent to 

and the particulars of claim record your call.

you will need the claim number that should be on you credit file or the judgement notice

comeback when you have those details.

dx

The judgement letter is addressed the County Court MoneyClaim Centre in Salford (Manchester).

It has the claim number printed on it but Ive also noticed the address is very slightly wrong. We are one of several offices in the building and the address has the office number wrong because its number is out by one. This is probably the reason why it was never received in the first place.

you've paid the judgement. the ccj is satisfied, AFAIK there is no way to removed a satisfied CCJ.

assuming it does show as satisfied? 

a CCJ on your file is there for 6yrs, paid or not, paying or not

dx

and they

Is the address being wrong not enough to get this considered do you not think?

Yes, as you were totally unaware of the proceedings and made payment without knowledge of the claim then it can't be considered as credit cleansing making an application to set a side.

I would approach the judgment claimant in the first instance and ask if they would be prepared to set it aside by consent order otherwise you will make a formal application with costs...see how they respond and come back.

Andy.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread