UKPC CCTV PCN - No stopping - Gateway House Manchester Piccadilly M1 2GH

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I received a no stopping fine at the above address.

I was doing some training in Mcr as I live in Warwickshire and offered to drop a work colleague off to the station. My sat nav took me into this road. She noticed the no stopping sign and so I will get out here and find my way, you go.

Looking at the CCTV evidence this took all of 12 seconds and I left. Received a no stopping ticket of which I appealed. They responded rejected my appeal and sent to debt collectors.

I am now receiving regular threatening letters regarding this and called this morning to appeal. Explained I am blue badge holder and they have agreed a payment plan of 4 months. Should I be paying this fine?

i suspect this is not a council pcn a FINE, but its a speculative invoice from private parking scammers UKPC ltd?

you do not pay nor appeal

clickme^^^

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC CCTV PCN - No stopping - Gateway House Manchester Piccadilly M1 2GH

that address is private railway property.

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we get a lot of PCNs like yours.

Parking companies don't know much about parking and even less about No Stopping. They are very good though at trying to rip off motorists.

Sadly for them  when they tell you that you cannot stop somewhere, because that is a prohibitive instruction  it is incapable of forming a contract with motorists.

If you can please complete the questions on post 2 above we can give you help and advice. But in the meantime do not pay them a penny.

• Like 1

I have already appealed but this had already gone to debt collectors and now Debt recovery plus chasing for payment.

I had agreed a payment plan and paid £42.50 and agreed a payment plan into 4 parts commencing 1st Jan 1st Feb and 1st March for further 42.50.

What should I do now?

Can I contact my bank and cancel card so recurring card payments for Jan Feb and Mar don't go through?

Homer67

Not sure what you mean? Redacted?

We have numerous threads about this site.

Despite all of UKPC's threats to drop a nuclear missile on the motorists' homes, ultimately they haven't taken any of them to court.  Their threats are hot air from paper tigers.

You've make mistakes in appealing, contacting them and agreeing to pay.

Of course you should contact your bank and cancel any payments to these utter charlatans.

Have I understood that you have already handed over £42.50 to the fleecers?  If so, how did you pay?

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

go ring your bank now and tell them you got scammed.

tell them to cancel the CPA you have set up to xxxxx and to do a chargeback on the £42.50 already paid.

a dca (debt collector ) is NOT a  BAILIFF

and have

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's type.

dx

• Like 1

and they

They are well known for this UKPC a no stopping is ass already stated a prohibition, one particular fleecer tried to take someone to court who was stopped at a prdestrian crossing at an airport to let them cross  a passenger jumped out and the Fleecer's sent a ticket,. That is the sort of people you are dealing with.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

get your money back?

dx

and they

Good morning folks. I have been asked by my bank to provide evidence that this is a scam. So they can get my money back. Are you able to let me know what they are illegally/legally able to do regarding this not stopping fine? And am I ok to print this information off so I can back up my claim?

Another important point.  Who did you pay?  UKPC?

Or Debt Recovery Plus?

Tmeister,

You said, "I had agreed a payment plan and paid £42.50 and agreed a payment plan into 4 parts commencing 1st Jan 1st Feb and 1st March for further 42.50".

I presume this was a verbal agreement arranging "credit".

So you explain to your bank that you can't supply documented evidence of a scam.

However, UKPC and Debt recovery Plus are not accredited or regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), so shouldn't be offering "credit". (I'd suggest that this is your evidence of being scammed).

Look at their website here...

WWW.DEBTRECOVERYPLUS.CO.UK

Debt Recovery Plus are accredited by and are members of the British Parking Association (BPA) and International Parking Community (IPC). Find out...

The bit about parking charges not being consumer debt is obviously rubbish. Of course you're a consumer!

Look here...

WWW.GOV.UK

To offer credit to consumers you must be authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and join the Financial Services Register

It might well be an idea to make a complaint to the FCA (as they hint at on their own website) explaining that Debt Recovery Plus are offering credit terms to pay for a parking "debt".

Edited by Nicky Boy
addition of UKPC

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

The FCA part should be enough for the bank, they should not be offering terms.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!