EVRI - lost package - no response to letter of claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I am another disgraced customer who had a parcel lost by EVRI - an iMac I was returning to Amazon. 

Having read all the existing threads on it, I went on to send them a letter of claim (which I am attaching here), after they refused to reimburse me for the full value of the iMac, alleging lack of insurance. 

The problem is I never got a response from them (to my letter of claim). 

I do have proof of delivery, though. 

Have you ever seen a case like this? 

Should I go straight to the small claims court, or should I try to get an answer from them through other means?

Thanks again,

Victor

Letter of Claim.pdf

You are already losing credibility by setting a deadline which you have not followed up on.

If you want to deal with them then you have to assert yourself, take control and don't give it up.

Register with the money claim online website and draft your claim and post it up here before you click it off.

Don't hang around, they are already laughing at you

Unfortunately I don't have all the time in the world to deal with them, and they certainly play with that.  But you're right -- I will go straight to the claim and will post my draft here.  Thanks for the help.  As the saying goes, he who laughs last, laughs loudest...

the court won't care about that. you are now on your backfoot.

never threaten to launch a court claim and miss your stated deadline..evri are not exactly virgins upon exposing a claimants short comings.

dx

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Here is my proposed particulars of claim:

On August 4, 2022, I used the defendant’s courier service to return a desktop computer worth £1,589.97 to a UK address. Tracking number C00HHA0243494067.

The computer was correctly declared and valued.

I dropped-off the parcel on that date in one of the defendant’s drop-off locations.

The parcel never arrived at the destination and the defendant has confirmed its loss. The defendant lost the computer

The defendant has nonetheless refused to reimburse me for the full amount of the computer, on the basis that I did not purchase their additional insurance cover.

The defendant's requirement that a customer should pay extra to ensure performance of the contract or to protect oneself against negligence or criminality of the defendant's employees is unfair within the meaning of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and therefore unenforceable.

I am seeking £1,589.97 + £11.87 postage - total £1,601.84, plus e interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984.

Edited by BankFodder
Edits in red

Check the edits above. I streamlined a bit  and added a bit.