Process for claiming from EVRI after 'excluded list' barrier

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

First of all, this is a seriously impressive website and it's content has been a great comfort to me. I have read up on the EVRI sections, but just have a simple query if I may.

Situation

* Parcel contained Laptop, phone, electronic keys and cables - a mix of items, some excluded in their eyes some not. Insured it for £500. Evri website did not refuse description re excluded items, where it 100% had before for me. Think I stated Laptop in the main. I paid for insurance, they took my money. They have stated 'parcel lost'. Researching this, it could indicate theft at depot? Only managed to get communications going after I emailed the CEO. 

Question

* They are obviously refusing to pay, so I just need to understand what my process should be and specifically the order of events, as have read a few case studies with Evri already on here.

Is it the following

1) I send a written letter recorded delivery to them with proof of signature, so I have evidence that they have received my communication?

2) then it seems that I give them the chance to respond and settle with me - correct? Do I state this in the letter or would it mean a follow up letter?

3) if they don't want to do that - do I then file a claim via someone like MCOL - from this link 

WWW.MONEYCLAIM.GOV.UK

are these the best people to use?

Do I have this right in terms of what I need to do?

Many thanks !

Follow the EVRi link and start reading up on the general position when you are trying to make a claim. There is specific information about the prohibited items list .

Also please start reading lots of the stories on this sub forum and I do mean lots so that it will probably take you until about Sunday before you understand how it goes and the principles involved.

You sent all of these incredibly stealable items in one packet. Bravo – big fail!

You could have at least tried to diversify your risk slightly.

I suppose that the person who came across your packet must have thought that it was an early Christmas and birthday all rolled into one!.

You are right that you should make a letter of complaint and see what they have to say.

After that you should issue a claim in the small claims court using moneyclaim.

Post a draft of your complaint and all sorts of your literally came here before you do anything.

Also posted a draught of your particulars of claim before you issue the claim but most importantly do the reading first

By the way, if you declared a value of only £500 for this then I'm afraid that is all you will be able to get back.

Big fail under insuring and even bigger fail if you underdeclared the value.

Of course of course you can try to claim for more but I don't very much but you will succeed.

We will be happy to help you claim whatever you think you want to try and get but you will probably only be able to recover your declared value