Met Parking charge BP Garage Stansted Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

A friend of mine got a Met Parking charge whilst visiting the BP garage at Stansted airport CM24 1PY, his crime was to park on a yellow line in the garage forecourt as he didn't want fuel, so he didn't park on a pump and he went to the shop to get a coffee (no marked bays anywhere on the forecourt).

I have told him all the usual stuff but does anyone know if the BR garage forecourt is airport land?

I looked up Google maps and when the photos were taken in 2018 Met parking were already there. At that time there were numerous parking spots around the checkout. Of course it could have been revamped since but as they had a Wild Bean cafe then onwe would assume that they would still require parking spots.

Postcode finder is no good for the airport but if we were dealing with a reputable parking company the NTK should indicate whether the keeper liability has been transferred from the driver.

clickme several past threads^^

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The motorist has to receive it within 14 days of the incident date.

The fleecers are miles out.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

dont think this is ANPR issue people?

an ANPR camera cannot detect you are parked on yellow lines that mean stuff all on private land anyway.

something is no right here homer67. unless he's telling a porkie and was there more than 30mins?

this sounds like a manual MNPR via CCTV , which if the case the NTK is correct, although they should have issued a windscreen ticket.

has the NTK got photos and timings?

scan it up please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I looked on Google Maps to try and see the set up, and it seems that BP actually bother to reply to all the negative reviews.

They say to contact  careline@bp.com

Must be worth a try?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

dont think this is ANPR issue people?

an ANPR camera cannot detect you are parked on yellow lines that mean stuff all on private land anyway.

something is no right here homer67. unless he's telling a porkie and was there more than 30mins?

this sounds like a manual MNPR via CCTV , which if the case the NTK is correct, although they should have issued a windscreen ticket.

has the NTK got photos and timings?

scan it up please

dx

and they

god internet is a bit iffy on the isle tonight...

he could of course try and get macy'd's to cancel it, he did walk there didnt he....:whistle:

and they

54 minutes ago, lookinforinfo said:

As the PCN was late

was the PCN late? 

On 08/11/2022 at 12:23, Homer67 said:

his crime was to park on a yellow line in the garage forecourt

no such crime on private land

5 hours ago, Homer67 said:

Incident was on 13/10/2022 and date of issue of NTK was 02/11/2022

outside of 14 days for an ANPR capture.

there are no anpr cameras at all upon entering the BP petrol station  - see on youtube for 2022 videos

but anyway ANPR cameras cannot detect yellow line infractions. so NOT an ANPR capture = within 14 days for NTK.

there appears to be CCTV cameras on the building. 

so MET are using CCTV footage to remotely issue speculative invoices, which should be placed upon the physical windscreen of the vehicle after the expiry 5 mins of observation time...

but with a vanishing PCN, that makes the NTK time limits 29-56 days.

what our mate has is not within either NTK time limits.

there are lots of threads on the internet for this place, sadly it seems the likes of the cowboys site AND MS..e are advising wrongly to appeal...to make money i expect via PM's , neither are addressing these issues...tighten up CAG advisors please .

if we join these slightly misleading advice sites in misleading info i suggest a good get out seems to be appealing to MD's that you got a speculative invoice because you parked and walked there to get 'something' , that appears to work rather good in getting a met speculative invoice cancelled.....:pound:

and they

On 08/11/2022 at 12:23, Homer67 said:

A friend of mine got a Met Parking charge whilst visiting the BP garage at Stansted airport CM24 1PY, his crime was to park on a yellow line

12 minutes ago, lookinforinfo said:

dx100uk as there was no windscreen ticket then the PCN arrived late.

no a PCN can't be issued 'late' for a yellow line infraction, as what is stated on the PCN is the only way they would know what was done wrong?

unless they are guessing??

surely it must be placed upon the windscreen at the time of infraction, it can't be latterly issued after reviewing CCTV...............

and they

I've had to hide it Homer, but I'll sort out the redaction late this evening when I knock off work - unless someone else does it first.

You're right, he needs to join himself and answer questions directly,.

• Thanks 1

Posted PCNs: If a vehicle is driven away before the Notice is issued, the PCN may be posted to the registered keeper of the vehicle.

Admittedly this rule was for Councils operating CCTV cameras but it was issued in 2008 but it does give the parking crooks a get out.

WWW.NEWPARKINGLAWS.CO.UK

How the new laws make parking restrictions enforcement easier to implement and fairer to motorists

• Like 1

done it too pdf as upload tells you too. doc file have all your pers details in file info/properties + it was totally unredacted!!

thats the NTK not the PCN, has he the PCN?

at least we know where the camera is now

and it's a CCTV capture or they'll try and call it an MNPR capture 

if you read our sticky you filled out and NTK time limits there..

whichever way they want to cut it the timing is wrong.

ANPR NTK must be within 14days

anything else NTK is 29-56.

dx

and they