Can the defendant set-aside my CCJs against them, if they settle my claims relating to the CCJs?

yhenls
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I regret backing out but I had a lot of anxiety at the time. Can I still pursue the 3 Claims? @BankFodder

list of events:

• I emailed the Defendant saying I agree to settle the 3 Claims if they pay my costs and state in writing that they will not file any applications relating to my Claims.

• They pay my costs, however they use the words "We note the contents of your email", and "as agreed the payment has been made settling your claims" (they did not explicitly state they agree to my settlement terms, which requires for them to confirm in writing they will not file any applications relating to the claims. )

• I send them another email asking them to confirm in writing that they agree to my settlement conditions which are not to file any applications relating to the claims.

• Almost one month later from the date of my settlement agreement and them paying my costs, they then responded by email stating they would confirm that they will not file an application to the court, if I clarify my settlement agreement.. following which I did and they agreed to confirm in writing that they would not file an application.

• I had emailed the Court that the 3 claims are settled in full.

Could I argue that there was no consideration for this settlement agreement, as they paid my costs without actually stating they agreed to the terms of the settlement not to file any applications. After one month of them paying my costs, they then tell me they would agree to the terms if I clarify the settlement.

They paid my costs without actually agreeing anything, until 20 days later, so there is no consideration, and I can still pursue the 3 Claims for the full judgement?

Or is it too late.

Edited by yhenls