Vehicle sold without my permission

EllieTupz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help

i own a large vehicle which I left with a  transport company that was supposed to undertake the work to get it ready for its plating.

I received a letter from DVLA to say someone had applied for a V5c on my vehicle. I contacted them and found out that it was sold without my permission by another dealer.

I contacted the police and reported it stolen. The police rang me and asked briefly what had happened and never contacted me for almost 3 months despite numerous calls and a complaint,

the police called and asked if I had £2000 and then said it was a misunderstanding and I could get my vehicle back upon payment.

They gave me a number to call and said it was now a civil matter despite initially recording it as a stolen vehicle.

The person who had now got my vehicle wanted even more money and refused to say where he was storing it. DVLA have now issued a V5 to the man.

I have all the documents of ownership etc and I have an audio recording that he admits he has no documents or bill of sale etc.

what can I do?

The police received no documentation from either company during their non existent investigation which has took 4 months

Please help

i own a large vehicle which I left with a  transport company that was supposed to undertake the work to get it ready for its plating.

I received a letter from DVLA to say someone had applied for a V5c on my vehicle. I contacted them and found out that it was sold without my permission by another dealer. I contacted the police and reported it stolen.

The police rang me and asked briefly what had happened and never contacted me for almost 3 months despite numerous calls and a complaint, the police called and asked if I had £2000 and then said it was a misunderstanding and I could get my vehicle back upon payment.

They gave me a number to call and said it was now a civil matter despite initially recording it as a stolen vehicle.

The person who had now got my vehicle wanted even more money and refused to say where he was storing it.

DVLA have now issued a V5 to the man. I have all the documents of ownership etc and I have an audio recording that he admits he has no documents or bill of sale etc.

what can I do?

The police received no documentation from either company during their non existent investigation which has took 4 months

Once an item is stolen then it remained stolen even though it may be sold on. This means that the current person in possession of your vehicle is in is that in possession of stolen goods.

Do you have any documents from the police confirming that there has been stolen?

Have you written formally to the DVLA and informed them the vehicle has been stolen?

Do you know the whereabouts or the address of the person who is now in possession of your vehicle?

How much is it worth? Maybe you can tell us a bit more about the vehicle

Also, do you have any explanation from the transport company as to why they allow the vehicle to fall into the possession of the person who now has it?

What is the name of the transport company and where are they based

Please tell us the whole story, as I think we are missing information.

Did you pay the transport company the amount of money it was going to cost to enable it to be in put in working order and be plated ?

Was the vehicle sold, as you had not paid the transport company an agreed amount of money and they were no longer willing to store it ?  Did they give you the opportunity to pay them relevant sums due or to remove the vehicle ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread