Stonegate pub group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, 

Was hoping for some assistance with this question I have 

I "currently" work at stonegate group as a bar supervisor in the nightclub area. I suffer with Asperger's syndrome, autism and ADHD I know the holy trinity of social issues reason I work in the nightclub is to try and improve my social skills and to understand others. But as you can understand I do have to try and plan everything out in my head multiple times before any action is taken. 

The issue I have is the site that I work at has two bars Bar A and Bar B two very different venues different crowd and very very different music. At the current situation I would normally work in Bar A due to a few reason, the main one being is I know how this one works and I already in my head understand that's the bar I'm working on.

Last Saturday without any prior notification or communication I was advise I was working on Bar B. I found this quite distressing due to how I require time to process certain things and this made my head go into over drive and things became very overwhelming to me, at this time I did advise to both my GM and DM (General manager and deputy manager) how I was feeling and if there was any chance this could be altered due to me not being able to deal with the sudden change that was being instructed of me, at this time there was two other colleagues with me in the office while I was speaking to management about this issue.

I was advised that this would not be possible and my words and my concern was brushed under the floor. Please be aware both management are very much aware of my issues, this has not come to a shock about how I am, it's very well known I suffer with social issues within the team and company.

At this point my head and myself was getting increasingly frustrated and overwhelmed due to the nature of the sudden change, I pulled the GM and advised him that I cannot work in Bar B due to the issues I have mentioned above and I will be going home effectively walking out of my shift. I have received no further communication on that day at all from any management in the company.

Monday I get a few messages from people asking if I have quit due to me being removed from the work chats, I was not aware of this at the time. I go to access any of the company Information that I have and my access has been removed. During this time I call my GM and ask what is going on and he tells me I have to contact the area manager so was passed his details.

At this time I contacted the AM and he said to me that I informed them that I resigned due to me walking out of the shift and I was no longer employee of SG, I defended my position as mentioned above and also informed that not once did I say I quit or anything that can be seen in that way at all. He has informed me that they have reinstated my position and hence the currently because I am still unable to access anything.

Question

how they do this and what options do I have, this has as you can expect left me not wanting to go back to a company that does not support mental health and disability issues. 

How they can say I resigned when nothing was said in that sense 

And how can they remove me from a position without any formal procedure 

Ps: sorry if there is any spelling mistakes or anything else 

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

Hi

Welcome to CAG please be patient as I am sue others will be along to give you advice on this matter.

You also have nothing to be sorry about so don't worry about that.

How long have you been employed with the Company?

Do you have a copy or access to the employees handbook at all?

IMO you may need to use the Companies Grievance procedure to Complaint about what has happened as the Company is fully aware of your medical issue which should have been taken into account when you explained your problem of being switched bars at such short notice.

Also try to look up or get a copy of the Companies Equality Policy.

If the Company has Occupational Health Access ask them to make an appointment for you to access that as they will be able to inform the company what adjustments may be needed for you.

As said please wait for other to pop in to give you advice on this matter as well

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Stu,

Thanks for the reply 

How long have you been employed with the Company?: This one is hard currently been there 1 year and 2 months but they did let everyone go when covid hit so all together i have been there over 3 years 

Do you have a copy or access to the employees handbook at all?: I have requested this a few times but always get denied this and advised they can get it on the internal system (That im locked out off)

IMO you may need to use the Companies Grievance procedure to Complaint about what has happened as the Company is fully aware of your medical issue which should have been taken into account when you explained your problem of being switched bars at such short notice.

Also try to look up or get a copy of the Companies Equality Policy.: they just Spell the normal BS crap about 'We are committed to equal opportunities and the creation of an entirely non-discriminatory working environment' 

If the Company has Occupational Health Access ask them to make an appointment for you to access that as they will be able to inform the company what adjustments may be needed for you.: This has never been mentioned to me at all 

Also Thanks DX for helping my post with formatting 

Hi

With the first question you mention the Company let everyone go due to Covid-19 Pandemic, my question on this is were you actually let go by the company therefore Unemployed or were you place on Furlough by the Company during this period?

WWW.ACAS.ORG.UK

How furlough was used to put employees on temporary leave during coronavirus (COVID-19), including pay and returning to work after furlough.

As for the Employees Handbook I would contact then and as to be provided with a copy of this as you have asked on numerous occasions and as you access is restricted you can't access this so require to be provided with a copy. Put this in writing to the company and make sure and get Free Proof of Posting from the Post Office and keep a good paper trail of everything. ( even if you email the company asking this back it up with a written letter mentioning the email and get free proof of posting)

Read there Equality Policy very carefully as to exactly what it state and then have a good read of the actual Equality Act 2010.

WWW.GOV.UK

Information and guidance on the Equality Act 2010, including age discrimination and public sector Equality Duty.

As for Occupational Health I assume this is a large company which would have this in place so you are entitled to ask that company to be referred to there Occupational Health for an assessment and any adjustments the feel you need for your employment they will recommend to the employer and you always ask them for copies which you should be provided with

• Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group