Barclays 'reconcile' and took account to -£500,000 overdraft **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went on my account to see all money had gone 'to reconcile' and I was in -£500,000 overdraft.

I had just received a payment of £20,000 for a longstanding work project which must have triggered it.

This is my only bank account and I am lucky I have friends/family to help me out, otherwise I could literally be on the streets. It is absolutely crazy.

They refuse to answer any questions, even if it was Barclays that did this and that I am not a victim of fraud (however after some googling can see this is them doing it). They also refuse to put a timeline on when this will be solved.

I have two questions:

1) Should I write them a letter, and who do I address it to? Been calling them everyday

2) If this gets sorted, then what grounds do I have to claim compensation?

For anyone thats been through this before, have you tried going down that route?

They should pay any penalties for missed bills/mortgage payments etc. Also some compensation for the impact to my credit score for those missed payments and the emotional distress of the fake -500.000 overdraft. 

There are numerous threads here, I see, from moving your posts to here, you've posted on some, but you certainly need to read others 

It typically takes from 10 days to +2 weeks for it to be sorted, in most cases chasing your tail or continually writing/ringing makes little odds.

Bar ensuring you answer any queries they may ask upon transactions, their automated system thinks something is money laundering or fraud and until a human looks at it, you won't get it resolved .

bit silly to only have one bank account?

what if you got hacked.

i'd get a parachute account operating ASAP so if hacking/this reconcile happens again, at least you can get by.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you should have had a second bank account from day one.

having all your eggs in one basket in a VERY VERY bad financial move...as you've just found out.

and no you do not have a claim against them, they are only operating as instructed by the bank authorities

as its your financial moves (or not) that has led to this situation happening i cant see a complaint going anywhere.

did you warn barclays this payments was going in?

did you not read the terms of your account cause i bet over a certain sum, it's recommended.

have you now provided them with written PROOF this was work related etc etc poss from your employer or WHY?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

told ya...

well dont forget my last tips.

glad its resolved now

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Barclays 'reconcile' and took account to -£500,000 overdraft **RESOLVED**