Soccer Sixes Scam / Soccersixes Stories

Soccer6scam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I joined a soccer sixes league recently and it’s been a total shambles. Happy to explain in more detail if wanted but the short of it is that none of our team want to play anymore and I’m in the process of getting us out of the league. 

googling about it sent me down a rabbit hole of hundreds of peoples bad (illegal?) experiences of lifetime contracts, not being allowed to leave the leagues etc. I decided to go to our games this week just to talk to the other teams and see what they were saying… 

it turns out our league is almost all made up of teams from previous seasons who they haven’t let leave despite giving notice etc. They’ve been threatened with legal / being reported to FA on a groundless basis to the extent they’re scared to leave. One young kid is so terrified that he can’t pick up the phone to them anymore as he’s been called a names etc and shouted at so much.

I’m confident I can get out the league and if they take me to court I’ll fight it and have a good case…

but I want to stop them doing this repeatedly over and over.

There’s a lot of intimated people out there who can’t leave the leagues.

I’m working on building a case to report to the FA and the press and would love any stories of what they’ve done in the past.

[Email edited - HB]

Edited by dx100uk
Email address removed as per site rules. HB

I haven't read their T&Cs in any detail (so I may well have missed something relevant)

a quick search seems to show that you (whoever "you" is*) can leave after giving 14 days written notice before the end of the season. 

If you leave without giving 14 days written notice, then your deposit is rolled over into the following season, and "you"* continue into the new season.

What's the problem with giving 14 days notice before the end of the season after which you want to leave?

I know that both you and their T&Cs refer to a "lifetime contract", but nowhere is it defined.  What is a lifetime contract?  The lifetime of who or what?

*They look like very amateurish and very poorly drafted T&Cs to me. 

In particular it's not clear if "you" is a reference to an individual or to a team.  On the one hand it talks about "... you as the team... "but goes on to say "I understand... " and "I am aware... " etc and not "We understand... " and "We are aware... " 

Has just one individual signed it or the whole team - individually?

I'm assuming these are the T&Cs  S6 - T&C's (soccersixes.net)

Are they affiliated to the FA or something?  Do they have any sway with the FA?

I'd tell them to go away  (But I'm not interested in football)

Ha, thank you very much. The problem is twofold…

Firstly

the major one is that they seem to do anything they can to stop you leaving…

pretending not to get emails giving notice etc.

Asking favours of teams to play a few matches until they find a replacement and then saying that locks them into a new season etc.

Then intimidating you until you give in. A lot of stories bounding about.

Really shady stuff.

Then there’s the fact the league is a shambles.

They seem to be incapable of organising what they say they will -

a football league where by you turn up each week to play a match of around 40 minutes long.

So many basic problems,

no balls,

playing matches in the dark,

no bibs,

matches cut short,

referees don’t know rules,

a problem with violent conduct which goes unpunished etc

seems like we’re not the only team who can’t field a team each week as no one wants to waste their time playing.

They then double your weekly amount owed up from £35 to £70 each week…

you then try and fight them but they fight back harder and intimidate you and get aggressive…

then as the debt isn’t cleared at the end of the season you are automatically enrolled in a new season so it goes on and on…! 

I’m now in a position where I can’t field a team,

we have 14 weeks left in the season

So..I would be liable for £980 and if not paid I’m then enrolled again and again. 

Hi S6,

Take time to read the other Soccer 6 threads here. None of them have ended in any action being taken against the "responsible" person.

Once you've done that, you should have an idea of how to reply to the League, in writing by letter or email, not phone.

Do your research and let us know what you intend to do.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You don't owe £980, you owe £0.

Just ignore them, walk away 

Nothing anyone can do to you 

Dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...