Employment Case with East London Employment Tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sirs,

Please, I need support with an appeal for an employment racial discrimination/human rights violation case. The case was disposed of on 11/05/2022 and reconsideration was rejected on 12.08.2022. Appeals end in 4 days, and I need help desperately.

1.       The Respondent severely drove me to desperation in my work as a Project Manager.

2.       I have been diagnosed with severe recurring depression due to the abuse and discrimination I endured while working for the respondent between 02/2016 and 11/2019. I am currently still receiving medication and my life is upside down.

3.       I filed for constructive dismissal and left the respondent on 11/14/2019. I took the respondent to court and sought damages and an apology letter.

4.       I parted ways with my previous lawyer because she was unable to effectively represent me, particularly when it came to requesting that the court order the respondent to submit the requested unredacted subject access request or full and final particulars.

5.       I could not find a lawyer, so the Citizen's Advice Bureau was helping me. I could not find a lawyer because of my depression, lack of capital, and messed up mindset to face the hearing. Consequently, we requested the court to move the trial to 2023. The court agreed and moved it to March 2023.

6.       I have been actively receiving medication since 2019 (Mirtazapine/Hydrochloride), which makes me completely inactive. The respondent knows this and has manipulated the situation. They convinced the court to move it back to 25/04/2022.

7.       I have given the court medical notes, prescription history, prognosis for severe depression from two medical doctors and GP letter stating that I am not fit for any court trial.

8.       Furthermore, I have consistently requested either an unredacted subject access request or an unredacted full final particular, but the respondent has continuously refused to provide the documents.

9.       Due to the nature of my disability, medication, and time frame for the court hearing, it has been really difficult to find a legal representative. I have written to the court about this too. I have informed the court that I don't have any legal representative but all these concerns have been ignored.

10.   On 23/05/2022, I submitted a letter of reconsideration with a supporting medical prognosis from Dr xxxxxxx(medical consultant psychiatric) and an additional prognosis from Dr xxxxx (GP medical practice). The court responded on 12/08/2022 with a rejection letter.

11.   I have two new witnesses, two new pieces of written evidence, and one who is willing to appear in court.

12.   More importantly, Respondent has refused to submit all evidence/emails including all emails, text message, calls and voice mail between us while on different projects from 2016 to 2019.

13.   Since 12/08/2022, I have been struggling to get a lawyer to represent me because the case is on short notice.

14.   I do not have the funds for a lawyer or barrister to investigate my case and represent me.

15.   Since 12/08/2022, I have called the court several times and I have been exchanging correspondence through a good Samaritan lawyer with the East London Magistrate court. I have requested:

a.       An extension to move the court hearing back to 2023 but the court has rejected any extension on 15/09/2022.

b.       An extension to get a lawyer to investigate my case, file an appropriate claim, and represent me but the court has rejected any extension on 15/09/2022.

16.   In the meantime, I have remembered to the court and Judge xxxx about my severe depression, but the court has rejected any extension on 15/09/2022.

17.   Worst of all, I have received a confirmation from East London Magistrate Court that they disposed of my case on 12/05/2022, which I was not aware of because I could not attend the hearing due to my depression and medication.

18.   I was in a crisis at the time, so I could not face any proceedings from the court and I did not have a legal representative to support me.

Please, help me and speak on my behalf. Thanks.

Please, I need advice as I am loosing my mind and I am out of time.

Please, can any lawyer help to draft and appeal.

Please! help me.

Please, I need advice as I am loosing my mind and I am out of time.

Please, can any lawyer help to draft and appeal.

Please! help me.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Regards,

Claimant.

Hello, welcome to CAG.

I'm afraid we don't have lawyers here or recommend them. Hopefully someone with employment knowledge will offer you some advice.

But we're a self-help forum and certainly can't speak in court for people, I'm afraid.

I'll flag this for the site team in case anyone can help.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Ethel Street,

Thanks for reaching out. Citizens Advice cannot help me because they do not have anyone who can efficiently advice or write up the appeal process because the 4 days expires out. I need to appeal based on the point of law. It is a double whammy situation, and I am just fed up with life now. I just want to be heard and for the respondent to take responsibility for their actions. Thanks.

Regards,

CIL

@CIL

As has been said earlier in the thread we are not solicitors and we cannot represent you in court. 

Can the lawyer you refer to in point 15 help you?

If not, and if no other lawyer is willing to act for you, then perhaps you have no choice but to accept that you cannot take this matter any further?