LoC to NCP for failure to supply SAR ***Paid in full***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You cant really put a time frame on distress...your POC clearly states the period of breach from and to and as such the court will make a judgment for the amount claimed or possibly less.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andyorch

I have not received any response to my email sent on 28th Sept @ 10.37hrs. So I guess the 7 days is now up.

Should I give them the rest of today to be reasonable and file tomorrow first thing. Or just file the claim now. I know FTMDave will want me to go for it.

I am ready and waiting.

Yes if you gave 7 days then 7 days it is.....

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Just to be clear, unless you have further information. From reading the Virgin thread, although they did eventually decided to defend the third claim it appears the claim wasn't heard as a result of non payment of the hearing fee. There is no indication that Virgin succeeded in defending the claim on the grounds it had already been litigated.

If you receive any push back later, such as a suggestion the claim has already been litigated you could simply point out that your claim is not a way for them to buy their way out of their statutory obligations to disclose your data, it is compensation for the distress they have caused you up to the point you issued your claim.

• Like 2
  • I agree 1

Hi Guys,

I have just now received this email.

Dear Mr XXXXX

Firstly, we would like to apologise as this request had not been received by the team and we will be reviewing our internal post procedures in light of this.

We can confirm that the subject access request has been received and is being actioned now as a priority.

We shall be in touch shortly.

Kind regards

Data Protection Team

National Car Parks Limited

Saffron Court, 14b St Cross Street, London, EC1N 8XA

Should I respond to this informing them that I have now proceeded with a claim against them? Or not?

The email was actually sent directly from a Katie Bowles... A quick snoop on google... And lo and behold we find Katie Bowles is not anything to do with Data Protection but in fact...

Katie Bowles

Director of Legal & Risk at National Car Parks Ltd

I think we have gotten straight to the top here....

This is incredible.  They did nothing about three SARs, were given an extra week under threat of legal action, and still write to say they're going to do something "shortly" rather than, er, actually doing something.  They're supposed to be an organised, established national company.

8 minutes ago, MoaningCrusader said:

Should I respond to this informing them that I have now proceeded with a claim against them? Or not?

No, don't.

The least hassle outcome for you would be if they ignore the claim form like they ignored the three SARs.  That way you would win by default in a fortnight or so, like in the Virgin case.  It would save you the hassle of a court hearing.  Don't write anything that could alert them to the claim form

You already told them what would happen if they faffed around for more than a week anyway.

BTW, have a look at MCOL for the issue date of the claim form.  That way we can work out when you can apply for judgement (assuming they don't defend).

• Like 2

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

19 days to acknowledge service.

• Like 1

I would try Mon 24th

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying Andyorch.

I have made a note in my iCal to click on the seek judgement button on the 24th Oct.

Just for clarification for anyone reading through this thread for research.You count inclusive of the day the claim was issued.

Simpler to run from the defendants stance......19 days on receipt from the date of issue = 14 days +5 for delivery

• Like 1

So at 4pm on Friday I received a response to the SAR, with a zip file attached. I am frantic with work this weekend. But I will get pdf versions of what was supplied loaded up here (with my personal details removed) either this evening or first thing tomorrow morning.

Amazing that they could get this all sorted within 5hrs when they put their minds to it.

In a sense you've got the best of both worlds.

You've got the SAR, can find out about the phone call, etc.

And you get to sue them for £200.  The distress was still caused.  They still didn't reply by the statutory deadline.  In fact they didn't even respect the extension you kindly gave them. 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just received the following email this morning from NCP Data Protection

Dear XXXXXX,

We have received Claim Form XXXXX.

We should be grateful if you would please provide us with your bank details in order to issue payment.

Kind regards

Data Protection Team

National Car Parks Limited

Saffron Court, 14b St Cross Street, London, EC1N 8XA

Should I reply to this stating my bank details and the total amount to be paid as £235 in total? 

• Like 1

:becky: Yes and update your topic once the credit has cleared

How's this sound?

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for your email this morning and your offer to settle the claim form XXXXX

I would be grateful if you would pay the total amount due of £235 into the following bank account:

Bank: XXXX
Acc Name: XXXXX
Acc Number: XXXXX
Sort Code: XXXX

Please inform me once the payment has been made and I will provide confirmation of its receipt by email.

Should I not receive the above claimed amount in the next 7 days. I will request MCOL to settle the matter.

Kind regards,

Yes but also add that once funds of (£) have cleared you will be happy to issue a Notice of Discontinuance 

Hi Guys,

I have just received an admission form from CCBC stating that the fleecers have admitted the full amount on the claim.

This was completed on the 12th Oct. I supplied bank details for payment of the settlement on 17th October. I have no further emails from their Data Protection Team

Is there a set legal time frame for the claim to be settled. I stated they had 7 days to do so, but I assume now I have this admission that I cannot ask for judgement should I not receive the payment by next Monday?

Do you want me to upload the Admission?