Co-Op Bank Mortgage errors

skeeth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been a Co-op Bank customer for a few years but am finding that the level of imcompetence is getting a bit of a grind. The latest is from the mortgage department who have written to me (at the address I moved out off in October 2004) to tell me that as I have not answered their previous letter dated 30th March 2006 whereby they asked for over £700 they have given me 14 days to pay up. It stems from settling my mortgage in October 2004 and having paid through the solicitor who obtained an up to date settlement but the Co-op failed to take into account a DD due three days after completion in their figures. They claim to have tried to call the funds but failed, cannot understand how as there was over £90,000 in the bank and I bank with them. Anyway it has taken them until a recent audit to discover that they reckon I owe them this money. I am going to contest it but can anyone tell me how long they have to try to re-claim this money? :confused:

Thanks

skeeth

Ps:Brilliant website and much needed.

• 2 weeks later...

The answer is that you have six years to claim from them and they have six years to claim from you.

This forum tries to help everyone what ever the problem. The answer to the question you have asked is in the FAQ.

If you took time to read the forum of material and the FAQ you would put we find it a very useful exercise.

• 3 weeks later...

I received the original letter sent to my previous address which told me sod all, another phone call to the Mortgage centre followed by a letter from me telling the Co-op that I had my bank statements from October 2004 and that there had been no attempt to claim back the £713 and I get a letter from them saying "sorry our mistake" please accept the "small token" on its way as a gesture of goodwill. Well the small token was certainly small - £8 bottle of wine, no apology for threatening to involve a debt collection agency or for being incompetent. What concerns me is that I was originally told I was one of many customers in the same situation following an internal audit, how many others may have just settled up without arguement? I've banged another letter to them telling them that they need to get their Customer Service in order and that a bottle of wine is an insult.

skeeth

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks