Question about marriage and death.

Kallil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Sadly my dad passed away in 2016, leaving children and his wife behind, 

Sadly his wife with no close family or relatives, except me, she was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2016,

her old social worker is now trying to take over her life by doing things she does not want to do

for example she's happy where she lives and does not want to leave,

I dont disagree with her social worker but my step mother still has a right to do what she wants to do,

I have always done as she wishes,

am i legally related to her? Via marriage,

do I have the right to disagree on such thing? 

Thank you

so your father re-married?

power of attorney you mean?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Firstly as you Dad at the time remarried and although she is your step mother the answer is yes you can get involved as long is she is happy for you to do so but if you had Power of Attorney in place it would make it so much easier to tell Social Work to wind there neck in

With the diagnosis she has if she still has capacity and does not have Power of Attorney (PoA) in place I think this needs to be done sooner rather than later as Social Work can well as you have found out be very difficult.

The difference if you have Power of Attorney (PoA) in place is Social Work have to do what you say not what Social Work want I know from experience as my own Dad during COVID-19 got sectioned under Mental Health Act then put in a care home Social Work trying to tell me what to do until I blew up at them and basically told them am Power of Attorney don't tell me what to do and which care home I was putting my Dad into (not what they wanted) then my Dad was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia.

With Power of Attorney (PoA) it is best to make sure it covers both 

1. Health and Welfare

2. Property and Financial Affairs

If you need to do Power of Attorney (PoA) once it is done make sure and get it registered also.

Have a wee look at this link:

WWW.GOV.UK

How to make a lasting power of attorney (LPA): starting an application online, choosing an attorney, certifying a copy, changing an LPA.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group