Driving a Vehicle 240 miles without tax & Mot.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I considered this a few years ago when bringing back my UK registered car from a spell outside the EU. 

There is no requirement that the MOT is booked near to the point of entry to UK, the place of registration, the place of SORN (which is not disclosed) or anywhere else. It just has to be pre-booked and the car only used for going to and from the testing station appointment.

I read somewhere  (but can't remember where) that it had even been determined acceptable to break the journey for refreshment and rest (overnight) - as long as it was still reasonably en-route. 

• Thanks 1

Homer67

Not so. 

https://www.gov.uk/sorn-statutory-off-road-notification

About 2/3rd way down, the last item 'After you make a SORN' and sub-Heading 'When you can drive your vehicle'. 

It says "You can only drive a vehicle with a SORN on a public road to go to or from a pre-booked MOT or other testing appointment."

In the event of an ANPR "automatic fine" they should be referred to the MOT testing station to confirm the appointment had been made. It might be that such information is already automatically in the database that they check before firing off any fines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1