Shelley v HSBC ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Notice u are a success story - did u have problems working your interest charges out?? I know its the difference from your allowed overdraft and the excess ..but does the spreadsheet work this out..I know I can't claim the 8% compound interest until I file - just need a little help from someone who has been in this position once - Thanks

OK charliedog,

The spreadsheet is formulated to work out the number of days since the charge was imposed ,and also to calculate the 8% relevant to that number, up to the current day.

Before court action you should not include the 8% interest,it'll be there, but you can just select the part of the spreadsheet you want and print that. Or copy and paste the part you want onto a word document before printing.

Later you can include the other columns as required.

Hope that's helpful

Cheers

John

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 2 weeks later...

hello cozza007 ..... if you have been charged overdraft interest it does state "overdraft interest" ..I came to my total by adding all the total charges, all the "other" charges i.e. misuse of card - returned direct debit etc...any interest charged to me I used the interest column in the spreadsheet - this works any overdraft interest out for you - if you were in credit - it won't add any - but if you were in a minus situation you will see the calculation works out the interest you have been charged, ..hope this helps? :wink:

• 1 month later...

Hi, this is my first posting. I have been going through the process of getting my bank charges back from hSBC. I am currently owed £1,301 and they have written to me after the 2nd letter telling me that if they refund them they will close my account. The problem is I have a £2,000 overdraft and this will cause me a major headache as I will still owe them £700. Is there any other stance I can take perhaps to do with the fact that the only reason I have had to have the overdraft is due to there charges etc. Is this likely to work etc.

Many thanks

Hello nos - try and look on main HSBC bank - then page down to todays listings ...just near the top of the threads from all other hsbc claimants you will see "new thread" try and submit your question in a new thread - I think this thread is now closed - so you may not get a response..or send a post to netty g - crusher - or lateralus - losds of other too i.e. freaky leaky - pink dutchess etc

:-)