No Loading at Any Time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The background for this query is that I parked my car off road on a strip of private land (accessed from the public highway) per the attached picture which is a re-enactment a couple of days later. I was in situ approximately 2 hours and returned to find a Parking Charge Notice issued by Bristol City Council. 

The notice stated the usual i.e. "your vehicle was observed parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in force". In addition to the photo, I have a 3 minute video where I walked from where I was stood to take the photo, to the far end, roughly where you can see the furthest car in the background. The "no loading" sign is on the tall lamp post to the left of the billboard.

As a bit of background, parking for the football has been occurring on this land for decades however Bristol City Council have launched a recent new money making initiative where they wait for everyone to park and then literally send in the henchmen in a minibus to block book everyone parked in this spot 15 minutes after kick-off. I was one of the earlier victims in February 22 but it is still happening to the unwary now

I appealed the notice, primarily on the grounds that I was not parked in the street but also that the signage was inadequate and that anyway, it relates to the double yellow lines that you can see on the road. Not sure if this is relevant, but I would add that I was not observed loading/unloading by anyone. I was unable to upload my video to support my appeal and therefore asked for a link to submit but this was completely ignored

Unsurprisingly, the council didn't overturn their decision and I am now at "notice to owner" stage . I was a little surprised to find that I am being directed to exactly the same site where I initially appealed (?)

My question is, does the "no loading" sign apply to the public highway (only) and if so, is this and/or the inadequate signage enough to continue the appeal please 

Many thanks

IMG20220226153603.pdf

its not private land

the highway extends to the property boundary.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It can't be 

There's a flyover above it.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the replies, here is a bit more information:

a). the steel fence separates the strip of land from the railway line on the other side - see aerial map snapshot attached

b). the flyover is exclusively for the Bristol Metro Bus, no other form of transport can use it

As for the ownership of the land, it never occurred to me for one second that something that is not the public highway is still considered to be the road for parking offences purposes, we are no longer "Vnuk'ed" so, even if it was previously what could be considered a "public place", it isn't anymore

I suspect the land MAY belong to the railway but I am guessing. I am very grateful for the responses to date and am happy to do the research, can anyone suggest a free site where this information might be available please

Thank you again

Aerial.pdf

where you parked is part of the public highway, there are no fences, just a pavement and infrastructure for the flyover, the boundary to the railway land is the fence -of you.

pay it and move on.

dx

and they

sorry for stating the truth.

but soooo many people thing land past a pavement allows them to park.

dx

and they