Veterans/HM Armed Forces Discount Cards Available **Correct As At October 2022**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Veterans/HM Armed Forces Discount Cards Available (help with the cost of living increase)

As a Veteran/Ex HM Armed Forces you should be aware that you can apply for the following cards especially with the rise in the Cost of Living please bear in mind that there is a small cost involved for each card so please take that into account.

The reason I will say to apply for both the different cards as each may offer similar Discount but each also have different discounts not available in each card.

Defence Discount Service

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/

In order to apply for a Defence Privilege Card please sign up to the website here if you have not already. When you login to the website you will see a button on 
the navigation bar called 'Privilege Card'. Click on this button and you will then be guided through the stages

If asked to Provide ID during the process make sure and provide/upload a copy of your 'Certificate of Service' (this was all I provided and process was simple)

The Defence Discount Card i.e. the actual card cost £4.99 for a Five Year Membership

Blue Light Card

https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/

HM Armed Forces Veterans qualify to apply for this card also so with the Cost of Living rising make sure and also apply for this card as well but please again
bear in mind there is a small cost involved for this card.

To apply for the card as an Armed Forces veteran you will need to upload one of the following: (this also applies when renewing your card)

Armed Forces Veterans - ID required: Armed forces pension, Certificate of Service or Certificate of Discharge

Note: if you have uploaded any of the above and get there Automated BOT response to provide ID and Payslips go via there Chat and explain you are a Veteran and have uploaded the required ID (which they can automatically check) and also complain to them about there Automated BOT response demanding ID and Payslips.

Had this issue numerous times myself they need to sort the Automated BOT response for Veterans as it is wrong.

The Blue Light Card costs £4.99 for a 2 year Membership/Access.

• Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 month later...

Just flagging this up again due to the Cost of Living and to remember those that both Cards offer certain different discounts that are not on one or the other.

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

• 3 weeks later...

Just Bumping this again

• 3 weeks later...

Just Bumping this Again

• stu007 changed the title to Veterans/HM Armed Forces Discount Cards Available **Correct As At October 2022**
  • stu007 pinned this topic