used an oyster card i found - got caught - now TFL - verification letter - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I received a verification letter from Tfl.

I was using an oyster I found on the station floor. I know it was a mistake. I have to answer the letter with my version.

I'm at a loss as to what I should say in this case to avoid going to court.

Have you ever seen a similar case?

Ive moved your thread to our transport forum.

Plenty of like threads here.

Give us a bit more info on the history of your use of the card and if there will be a pattern to your use.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to used an oyster card i found - got caught - now TFL - verification letter - help

Most cases it is a friend or relatives pass and people can try to claim they didn’t realise it wasn’t permitted, or they thought it didn’t cost anyone anything.

Even for those people buying 16-18 cards based on fake supporting evidence they can point to the suppliers adverts trying to persuade them it is legal.

But you found a lost pass?

What actually happened? (They wouldn’t usually have a reasons to check unless it was a discretionary pass, one with a photocard (that wasn’t your photo?)

If you don’t know what to say I’m a bit stuck coming up with lies for you.

Discretionary pass? If it really was lost (and not a friend / relative): double bad, not only were you defrauding TfL but also not getting it returned to the pass holder who may well have relied on it.

What if it wasn’t a discretionary pass? Used someone’s PAYG Oyster card : that is like finding a bank card and using it. You know it isn’t yours and your are using up the value stored on it : theft, plain & simple.

I note you seem sorry to have been caught, but I can’t see much remorse for wrong doing, only your concern of the effects on you. So, I’m struggling to come up with anything positive. Maybe I could with more details, but equally the details might be equally damning!

Edited by BazzaS