Car write off, Dial Direct

marke32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I was insured through Dial Direct and it was under written by AXA.

I recently crashed my car with no other party involved.

I'm certain it will be written off and it was taken from my house by Copart three weeks ago.

Since then I have heard nothing at all.

I can't get through to AXA and they haven't responded to my emails and Dial Direct just say I need to speak to AXA.

Is this normal and do I just wait to hear something?

Or is there something I can do?

My policy has also now run out.

Thanks

Marke32

Dial direct should be dealing with this, they're the ones you paid your money too surely?

I'd be making a complaint you're getting mugged off.

How do I make a claim?

It’s really simple, just call our 24 hour claims helpline on 0344 412 2142. All we will need initially is your policy number and your name and address, and our team will then be able to help you with your claim.

It’s also useful to have your police reference number to hand if you have one, along with details of everyone involved in the accident, including any witnesses.

https://www.dialdirect.co.uk/makingaclaim/making-a-motor-insurance-claim-guide/

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So when you reported the accident and Copart took the car away, you must have phoned a number.

And surely you have made notes of who you spoke to, date/time of your  call etc ?

Why not phone the same number to chase up.

Your car may have been sold by now or crushed.

Dial Direct probably don't deal with the claims other than pass on details to Insurers, but they should be able to assist you in speaking to the AXA team handling your claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I reported it to Dial Direct. They then send you a link which takes you to an online portal where you take pictures of your car. I then got another txt from copart to arrange collection of my car. 

It won't be crushed or sold because I didn't give them my registration documents. Until I accept an offer the car remains mine. 

I've made a complaint to Dial Direct and emailed copart. Since my question I have had a reply from copart which said they have only been instructed by AXA to collect my car and as yet they have not been told to inspect it, but they have contacted AXA to say its ready to inspect 

Marke32