Panoramic Roof, Volvo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I would be very grateful of any help/advice.

I have a 2019 Volvo S60.

I bought the car in Feb 2020 when it was 1yr old, it was bought from a reputable Volvo dealership.

Approx 8/9 months after purchasing, the panoramic roof wouldn't close. I called Volvo Assistance that came with the car, a guy came out, plugged some computer thing in and after a short while it was working again. He suggested taking it back to the dealership as it probably needed an update, which I did.

Fast forward to Jan 2022 and the roof then started making a loud vibrating/rumbling Nosie when closing. It didn't do it when opening, just closing, I contacted the dealership again where I bought it from and the car was booked in. I collected the car later that day and was told that it would need to be booked in again, as all the head lining etc would need to come down for further investigation and they would need the car for at least 2 days. 

I was asked when I would like to bring it and said anytime was good for me however I would need a courtesy car as I am a carer for my mum. I was told that no courtesy cars where available for quite some time because they had only just started doing them again after Covid and so were booked up for quite a while. They said they would contact me as soon as more cars became available.

I have tried ringing numerous times since then but my call gets diverted to a generic customer service number, which apparently happens when the dealership is very busy. Now, fast forward to Thurs last week and now the roof will not open at all. So the car is due to go in again this Friday.

My question is,

will this fault be covered by warranty? 

bearing in mind that I have reported this fault more than once before the warranty ran out at the end of April 2022.

I have always been led to believe that as long as a fault with a vehicle is reported within the warranty period, it will be covered regardless of if the warranty has run out.

Is this correct or not?

warranties are usually not worth the paper they are ever written on.

but have a go, and if not, you always have your consumer rights which don't expire to fall back upon.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...