Mobile phone I sent to Currys Carphone Warehouse for Trade-In returned with a broken screen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this is in the right forum.

After receiving my new phone in April, I sent my previous phone to Currys Carphone Warehouse for trade-in. They stated they would pay £150 for a "working" phone.

A few weeks after sending it, in the safe and secure packaging they provided, I received an email to say the phone screen was damaged and therefore not working.  They said that in its current condition they would now only pay me £45 for it. Which I refused and asked for the phone to be returned to me. I knew there was a scratch on the screen, but this hardly made it "not working".

I received the phone back, and on inspecting it, found there is a large chunk out of the corner of the screen. This was definitely not there when I sent the phone to them. There is no visible damage to the frame of the phone at the corner where it is damaged. And given the technology of modern flagship phone screens, it would've taken quite a bit of force to damage the screen to that extent.

The thing is, what can I do about this, as I would expect it will be a case of my word against theirs.

• 4 weeks later...