HMRC - someone stole my identity, now dwp compliance interview

pantone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a compliance call from dwp.

Someone has been using my identity whilst working.

They want me to prove it's not me by providing 4 years statements from the bank.

I feel violated twice.

Why don't they just visit me at home?

Where do I get more information from and what are my rights?

Thanks in advance.

goto the DWP and the HMRC websites

type in SAR

and fill those out.

get all the info each has and move on from there.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They don't do home visits unless in very exceptional circumstances e.g. you cannot leave home.

It might not be a case of identity being used by the person working.  Has been known for the wrong national insurance number to be recorded  by an employers.

All they will know is that employers have been registering wages against your records.

At the moment, the person working is possibly paying tax and national insurance in your name. This cannot be right if you are not working, as it could be that you are obtaining state pension credits due to the person working paying national insurance.  So this compliance check is also about correcting the possible error that has occurred.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It could be something as simple as a mis-keyed NI number.  In my job, I see it all the time.

• Like 1

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

Good Morning, and thank you both so much for your prompt replies.

I am currently on the phone to HMRC who have been so wonderfully helpful and concerned for me.

The DWP officer stated that the person was using my name, address, DOB and NI.

HMRC have told me it looks like an employer error and they are not using my name or address just the NI and same DOB.

The HMRC officer has fixed everything and sent it for double checking to different departments and put notes on my casework. You were right Uncle and Borys thank you, and thanks for the SAR advice DX.

When I asked DWP officer to advise me on what action I should take about identity theft he simply told me to call the police and that he didn't know - surely this is something they come across sometimes and should have better advice in place?

The HMRC have said that when we have fixed this issue, it should sort the DWP issue, but I am expecting they will still want bank statements "to clear things up" - would this be true?

Edited by dx100uk
block of text spaced to paragraphs

I would certainly suggest providing the information as this will really help sort your case out.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

Yes providing the info will back up HMRC findings as DWP seem to have a habit of resurrecting solved problems in the future and making sure all the info is correct is key.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

@pantone what DWP benefit does this relate to ?

Ah its the Carers that might  be the trigger then, as must be basically full time well min 35 hours a week caring.  UB will be able to tell you more.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Earn more than £132 a week and Carers Allowance not payable, so these earnings belonging to someone else need to be off your records.  

Also will be an issue with Income Support and Housing Benefits.

Make sure you get confirmation in writing from HMRC of the error and that you have not had employment earnings