SjP Court Summons - Mother's freedom pass +70 times **WON OOC after 2nd appeal**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was cautioned by a revenue inspector for using my mum's freedom pass.

I have used it multiple times and the court summons letter includes 70 journeys of misuse - whilst this is more than I actually used, from reading previous threads I've gathered it is best to plead guilty and accept the charges rather than dispute this.

When the initial letter arrived detailing the offence and the possibility of prosecution, I submitted my mitigating circumstances letter which was carefully drafted with the help of previous posts, including the relevant documents to prove my circumstances.

TFL responded saying they received my comments and will take them into consideration.

I believe this was unsuccessful as I have now received a court summons with a date for next month outlining the sum of the fares avoided as well as a court application for costs involved with investigating the case.

The letter leaves me with 3 options:

- Plead guilty in advance by post

- Attend court as requested and enter guilty plea in person

- Pleading not guilty (I won't be doing this)

I am torn between option 1 and 2 - I have read that settling in person on the day can be successful, however on the other hand I'm slightly worried about attending court as my income and savings are above average (£40k salary and 40k in savings) and because of that I'm worried they may make an example out of me in person.

Which is the best option?

Until the hearing, I am still attempting to settle by sending another email as well as calling the TFL prosecutor, but since it is only a month away I know they may not even reply by then and I was wondering if it would be acceptable to contact the prosecutor on LinkedIn and attempt to settle there?

I know what I did was wrong, I have learnt from it and purchased a travel card since.

I am attempting to settle to avoid a prosecution which would result in me losing my job.

My family heavily relies on my income and we are already behind on rent with a notice of eviction if we fall further behind which a prosecution would guarantee. I have explained and documented all of this in my letter to TFL.

Is there anything else I can do?

Welcome to the forum.

I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum = Public transport (Trains, tubes and buses)

Please continue to post here to your topic.

Aandy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Court Summons for using Mother's freedom pass +70 times SJP Letter

i would not pester outside of more email/letter/in person attempts. certainly not FBook or linkedin etc.

option 2 always... gets your genuine in person remorse infront of a judge.

they don't make examples of people just because of their earning .

its a somewhat fixed sum as you've already been given it.

you will do well to avoid a criminal record here.

think we've seen it twice only for that amount of uses/time.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

After sending another email reiterating my mitigating circumstances and offering to pay the evaded fares and their investigating costs, TFL have agreed to settle OOC.

This is a huge relief, I’ve learnt my lesson and certainly won’t be doing it again. It wouldn’t have been possible without the advice from previous posts on this platform.

In regards to my mum’s freedom pass - is there any chance she can get it back? 

Wow very well done!!

Glad our threads here helped.

If its not too much trouble, could you put both of your pleadings up here, so like you found others, yours can be seen as a good example.

Well done again!!

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to SjP Court Summons - Mother's freedom pass +70 times **WON OOC after 2nd appeal**