Missused my partners STAFF Oyster Card - How will this effect her?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you in advance for whoever reads and replies to this post,

I was caught using my partners Staff oyster card, I had been using it for several months.

I was sent the letter from TFL which I admitted to the offence, I have apologised and I am trying my best to settle this outside of court.

But my question is,

if I state my partner didn't know I used the card how will this effect MY possible charge?

Will this escalate it straight to Fraud or is it likely I will get that charge anyway?

What will be the difference in my charge if I state whether my partner did or didn't know I was using their staff pass?

Also what are the possible out comes for my partner,

what should my partner do now and how much would it help my partner if I said I used it without my partner knowing?

I would think that if you state your partner knew, TFL would consider her as defrauding the company thus gross misconduct and the sack.

Do everything you can short of lying to keep your partner out of this.

You'll have to take what they do to you on the chin I'm afraid.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the responses,

I understand how stating my partner knew I was using the card will effect my partner.

But how will it effect me?

Will saying that my partner didn't know I took it, guarantee the Fraudulent charge, am I more likely to get this Fraud charge anyway?

you seem to be more concerned about saving your own skin at the expense of your partners employment and future, do not lie to TfL.

i will expect the initial letter simply said....

On (insert date) you were reported to transport for London (TFL) for an offence(s) on the TFL public transport network. The facts of this incident are being considered and I must advise legal proceedings may be taken against you in accordance with transport for london's prosecution policy.

if the above is correct 

what did you put in your begging letter please

dx

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My partner knew I was using their staff pass. It was a stupid but collective decision.

I just want a better understanding how severe the repercussions could be for the both of us individually.

We are aware my partner could lose their job, but could my partner get a Fraud charge? 

I don't claim to be an expert but I think the only time I've seen fraud mentioned in connection with a transport offence is when the ticket has been forged.

Have you read other threads by people in a similar situation to yourself? That should let you know what to expect.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum