Utility companies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Quick question that someone will be able to answer for me, I hope.

Are energy companies i.e. Brit Gas, Powergen, EDF etc, bund by the Cansumer Credit Act.

Have just spoken to my energy company who have advised that they are not bound by that particular legislation.

Are they trying to pull a fast one.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

As far as I am aware, most are not regulated by the consumer credit act but the majority are bound by alternative legislation or bodies such as the financial services authority and OFGEM.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

No. Why should they? They are companies providing a product for consumption by consumers, they do not provide 'credit' to allow people to purchase their product, hence no requirement to be regulated under the CCA.

Hi,

Quick question that someone will be able to answer for me, I hope.

Are energy companies i.e. Brit Gas, Powergen, EDF etc, bund by the Cansumer Credit Act.

Have just spoken to my energy company who have advised that they are not bound by that particular legislation.

Are they trying to pull a fast one.

Please point out where your energy/phone/water supplier provides Credit.

What they do is bill you in arrears for a specific period of provided service; and they bill you the exact amount used, no more, no less. If your payments add up to less than the amount used, they adjust the payments.

This is not "Credit"... credit for services is when your payments for a service take longer than you had the service for, and this is agreed in advance... with energy you agree to pay the entire bill on demand.