Packlink / Evri Lost Parcel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All, 

After reading through many forums on this great website, I have decided to go down the long road of filing a monetary claim against Evri.  I've used the below link as guidance: 

On March 29th, I sold a pair of trainers on eBay for 170 GBP.  I purchased shipping through InPost / Packlink / Evri for 4.24 GBP.  The parcel was picked up from the parcel locker at 1:34PM on the 29th of March and that was the last activity on the tracking.  I have since opened a claim with Packlink, who have confirmed it lost and offered me 25 GBP compensation since I did not purchase their additional insurance.  I replied to multiple email chains telling them that I reject this measly compensation for a parcel worth 170 GBP and will not accept the payment and per PayPal it will be returned to sender on June 3rd.  

Today, I've tried to create a Case # via Evri so I can begin to communicate with them prior to issuing the Letter of Claim.  I've passed Holly by saying I wanted to report damage etc. because I couldn't get past her otherwise and get the Case Number so I can be in contact with "Customer Service."  Evri will either now not respond, or tell me to go via Packlink.  

I've done research here and I believe my next steps are as follows:

1) Issue a Letter of Claim to Evri

2) Wait 14 Days & Prepare claim

3) File Monetary Claim via MCOL tool

4) Wait for reply / defense 

5) Go to mediation and stand my ground

Is this correct?  Am I missing anything?  More than happy to provide any other information - I will be using one of the many Letter of Claims in this forum as a template when I send it to Evri.  I will be mailing a hard copy to their HQ address as well as attempting to send it via email.  

Cheers,

Drew

It took me four months but I got compensation out of EVRi eventually. They admitted losing the parcel , a pair of running shoes, 'at their depot', but still didn't pay up so I gave them 14 days to respond or I would go down the small claims route, almost doubling their costs. 

Read the small print, record everything, and if you are entitled, threaten to sue.

Edited by pencil

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

EVRi did not respond to my MCOL claim, so I was able to apply for a County Court Judgement.  The Judgement came back successful, and EVRi Legal Department have reached out to me for my bank details, and told me that payment will happen on 4th of August.

Will update again when I receive the cash!

Cheers,

Drew

Well done that man 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...