Dreams Pricing error after pruchasing item

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I purchased a TV bed recently from Dreams, I paid a few hundred £ in cash and did the remaining amount on finance. On the website and in store where a 10% of £750 was and I provided them with a discount code. The code didn’t work in store but worked online. I showed them proof of this via email and on my phone as well. I completed the finance procedure, I was provided the order details via print out physically to me. Later about 1hrs time after placing the order in store, I was called to say there was an outstanding balance of £164.90. (They did not mention mistake they just said outstanding balance) 

Firstly I was completely shocked and secondly looking at the order details it is evident that they have added an extra 10% off my order. 2 people were with me when I was ordering (from the store) and none of them noticed the error.

They have already done a credit search.

They are not going to deliver the item unless I pay.

As they have made a mistake, any thoughts on this should I pay or not?

If you want the bed, then pay the extra money – but make it it clear that this is under protest and you don't agree.

Once you you have got the bed then claim the money back.

I presume that you have all the evidence of the discount code et cetera

2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

If you want the bed, then pay the extra money – but make it it clear that this is under protest and you don't agree.

Once you you have got the bed then claim the money back.

I presume that you have all the evidence of the discount code et cetera

what happened is i had a 10% automatically apply when i spent ofer £750 then 10% voucher code. but what the guys did was not realise the 10% was already applied automatically on their system then applied it again. So they have made a mistake but keep ringing me to pay. the weird thing is they don't mention the word mistake, they say you owe us/ have an outstanding balance to pay.

how would i say paid under protest to the bank or at the store when paying? i belive i would need proof 

Put it in an email that you are going to pay them and that is the basis upon which you are paying.

Try to pay them over the phone by credit card if you can

I'm not clear what happened here. 

At the time you purchased in-store did Dreams allow a 10% discount twice? And were you entitled to two 10% discounts? Or was it a mistake by them and they should only have taken 10% off once?

Do you have the terms and conditions of the 10% Voucher? Vouchers sometimes say that they cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Did the Voucher say anything like that?

So I had a 10% for £750 spend which is fine automatically applied. I had a 10% discount code works online, instore didn’t work. I showed them proof it worked online and asked for a screenshot to show head office which I did and they approved it. 

after leaving the store they called to say I owed them £164.90.

So I should have had 20% off 

looking at the invoice/order details page they added an extra 10% so I got 30% off 

Hope it’s clear now